Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enterprise: Good Times and Bad...

I think there must have been a communication breakdown! Frank is a good captain and a personal friend of mine instead of slamming him on here maybe you should have went and talked to him to clear this up and make sure everyone was on the same page. Sounds to me like you maybe took what he said a little to seriously. Just my opinion but I would have talked to him before slamming him on the Internet!

Quote Originally Posted by dirthead View Post
    I think there must have been a communication breakdown! Frank is a good captain and a personal friend of mine instead of slamming him on here maybe you should have went and talked to him to clear this up and make sure everyone was on the same page. Sounds to me like you maybe took what he said a little to seriously. Just my opinion but I would have talked to him before slamming him on the Internet!
    Hi All,

long time reader first time poster... Just wanted to toss out my opinion on this, for any captain to really be trashing another captain is pretty low, of course its hearsay and he isnt hear to defend himself; I was actually on the Native Sun Same night OP was, the captain actually stayed out later than he had to (we were fishing till 130 am) because the bite was wide open, all the Sandies caught got progressively bigger and bigger culminating with more than a few 22-24 inch cows. We pulled limits on them for sure, and even returned a good portion of the smaller fish (at least I did). Never thought I would say this, but I might become a twilight fisherman because of this experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bobabocker View Post
    Hi All,

long time reader first time poster... Just wanted to toss out my opinion on this, for any captain to really be trashing another captain is pretty low, of course its hearsay and he isnt hear to defend himself; I was actually on the Native Sun Same night OP was, the captain actually stayed out later than he had to (we were fishing till 130 am) because the bite was wide open, all the Sandies caught got progressively bigger and bigger culminating with more than a few 22-24 inch cows. We pulled limits on them for sure, and even returned a good portion of the smaller fish (at least I did). Never thought I would say this, but I might become a twilight fisherman because of this experience.
    Excuse me, I have a question.

Why do the general public and captains 1/2, 3/4 boats put paying customers on Sand Bass and let them keep and eat then in 'DO NOT EAT SANDBASS' Zone ???

Often times these landings have posted warning signs at the gangways and everybody walks right by them.
    Do people not believe the mercury findings ?
    Do people not care what they feed their family ?

You can catch Sandbass all day long around the Port of LA/LB.
    You can have the crappy Sand Bass, I release them ALWAYS.

Unlike the case for DDTs and PCBs, various cooking and cleaning techniques will not reduce the
    methylmercury content of fish. Additionally, there are no known ways to prepare fish (such as soaking in
    milk) that will reduce the methylmercury content of the fish.
    Unlike the case for DDTs and PCBs, various cooking and cleaning techniques will not reduce the
    methylmercury content of fish. Additionally, there are no known ways to prepare fish (such as soaking in

DO NOT EAT SANDBASS VIDEO.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...49405654,d.cGE

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    You Bass huggers are funny. Endangered species ? LMAO
    THIS IS NOT A SMALL LAKE AND THERE IS BILLIONS OF BASS.
    Don't bring that freshwater BS into the Pacific.

FYI: I release Sand Bass and EAT Calicos. A couple weeks ago the Calicos where jumping in the boat a Catalina. So many. I got food poisoning from a 7-11 turkey/swiss sandwich and the trip was ruined so I didn't post. The 14" to 16" are good eating but the Big Bulls get released.

Those Johnny Bass are thick too and taste good.

Sand Bass are on the 'DO NOT EAT' List from Santa Monica to Seal Beach so why keep them in that zone. I recall scuba diving and there were so many sand bass as far as you could see.
    DR
    Not trying to go another round with you, BUT WEREN"T YOU THE ONE WHO HAD A HISSEY FIT OVER THE VIDEO ON CATCHING PV CALICO BASS. Does schizophrenia run in your family? lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Not trying to go another round with you, BUT WEREN"T YOU THE ONE WHO HAD A HISSEY FIT OVER THE VIDEO ON CATCHING PV CALICO BASS. Does schizophrenia run in your family? lol
    Come on Etuck, we love going round and round.
    Schizophrenia NO WAY in my family, although many think I'm a Psychopath
    I guess you enjoy eating Mercury Bass ?
    Why would you do that ?
    Your BFF, DR

Excuse me, I have a question.

Why do the general public and captains 1/2, 3/4 boats put paying customers on Sand Bass and let them keep and eat then in 'DO NOT EAT SANDBASS' Zone ???

Often times these landings have posted warning signs at the gangways and everybody walks right by them.
    Do people not believe the mercury findings ?
    Do people not care what they feed their family ?

You can catch Sandbass all day long around the Port of LA/LB.
    You can have the crappy Sand Bass, I release them ALWAYS.

DO NOT EAT SANDBASS VIDEO.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...49405654,d.cGE
    Now I'm going to sound like a lawyer. We in So CA catch two types of Sand Bass, one is a resident fish that lives here year round. The other type of Sand Bass is a migratory fish that comes up are way just to spawn. You can tell which is which by where you catch them. If you catch them in the mud those are the migratory Sand Bass and are probably safe to eat. If you catch one in the harbor or on some kind of structure those are the resident fish. Why would a migratory fish be safe to eat you might ask? They are up here for such a short period of time, I doubt their here long enough to get very contaminated. If you choose to eat a resident fish, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!

the deckhands clean your catch at the end of your trip, and make their side money from filleting. Its a no brainer why he said that. If you want to let it go, let it go. Promise you they won't slap your hand, kick you in the ***, or torment you for your actions. Really fun when you do it with a yellow lol

Come on Etuck, we love going round and round.
    Schizophrenia NO WAY in my family, although many think I'm a Psychopath
    I guess you enjoy eating Mercury Bass ?
    Why would you do that ?
    Your BFF, DR
    I do like to match wits with anyone, but which part of my post did I ever imply I ever kill or eat any Bass. Weren't you watching!!!!!! (That's one of my favorite quotes from the movie Jaws)

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Now I'm going to sound like a lawyer. We in So CA catch two types of Sand Bass, one is a resident fish that lives here year round. The other type of Sand Bass is a migratory fish that comes up are way just to spawn. You can tell which is which by where you catch them. If you catch them in the mud those are the migratory Sand Bass and are probably safe to eat. If you catch one in the harbor or on some kind of structure those are the resident fish. Why would a migratory fish be safe to eat you might ask? They are up here for such a short period of time, I doubt their here long enough to get very contaminated. If you choose to eat a resident fish, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!
    Only one kind of Sandbass. The other mentioned is Calico Bass.
    More important than resident or migratory is what the particular fish eats. Maybe sandbass and white croaker are more bottom scroungers eating all kinds of worms and other stuff along with migrating baitfish. Calicos live more in the kelp and eat more baitfish ?
    But then why would Cuda be on the list if they eat baitfish ?
    Hey I dunno, just a theory. Anyone out there with the answers ?
    DR

Check this info out.

http://sciencedude.blog.ocregister.c...l-fish/128841/
    Last edited by DockRat; 07-16-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    the deckhands clean your catch at the end of your trip, and make their side money from filleting. Its a no brainer why he said that. If you want to let it go, let it go. Promise you they won't slap your hand, kick you in the ***, or torment you for your actions. Really fun when you do it with a yellow lol
    Your right about the deckhands making their side money from filleting fish. There is however a simply solution to anybody who wants to C&R their catch and still be fair to the crew. They been doing it on long range boats for decades, IT'S CALLED A TIP AT THE END OF THE TRIP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast