Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Float Tube the dam?

Default Float Tube the dam?

I have taken my tube out at perris many times, but always launching from lot 12. Do people float tube the dam and trench?I would love to try but am nervous about the boats speeding around. Any tips or suggestions as always greatly apreciated.

I was there last Tuesday at sail cove next to the dam. I counted anywhere between 4 to 6 tubers out there(7:30 AM-2 P.M). I still have to try that lot 12 as you suggested. Most tubers stayed inside the 5mph buoys line. Only saw two water ski boats speeding but they stayed outside the buoys.

Nice, thanks, I'll try it during the week too, less water traffic. Can you park by the water there, last time I was on a boat I saw some suvs parked at the waters edge

I park on the waters edge at sail cove but I bank fish till my Float Tube comes by UPS this week. Just bought on, so if you see some one in the wrong place going in the wrong direction that is me

Ted

Question for you where and what is the trench? I have fished the dam several times this year also lot 11-12 and bernasconi I feel I know the dam very well for not having a fish finder also 11-12 but I struggle every outing at bernasconi. You cannot park by the water unless you have a handy cap plackard you can pull in drop your gear and go park up top. On the weekends there can be quite the crowd down there in sail cove and on the dam.

Fishingkid97- Why do you struggle at every outing at Bernasconi? I think this is a really good area to fish from a 'tube. I always see other fishermen catching fish in this area. And if the fish are not right at Bernasconi, it's an easy kick to go up the shoreline toward the tire reef, or south toward the dam. Both of these spots can be outstanding for bass, or if you like to use the ultralight stuff like me, big Bluegill and Redears.

The trench is by the dam side but in the middle of the 35 mph area, im always nervous about getting hit by a boat. Ive been wanting to try bernasconi, but i heard cars get broken into in that parking area. I am renting a boat this friday cause my son wants to go out with me, ill be hitting up bernasconi and the dam.

I tubed last Tuesday for the first time. So i was there to learn how to use it and read the fish finder. I could not get a hit with the senkos drop shotting and texas. There was a guy that was killing it with fat ika. Any suggestion on what type of rigs to use there.

Quote Originally Posted by shiromaguro88 View Post
    I tubed last Tuesday for the first time. So i was there to learn how to use it and read the fish finder. I could not get a hit with the senkos drop shotting and texas. There was a guy that was killing it with fat ika. Any suggestion on what type of rigs to use there.

Split Shot
    Drop Shot
    Spoons
    12" Texas rigged worms

They are Biting. Get your Line in the water

Tom

Be VERY careful at Perris going outside the 5 MPH zones. The jacka$$s in the ski and wake boats will swamp you and go as close as possible. They do it EVERY time even when we're in a bass boat and the lake is wide open. They feel the need to show you how cool they are. I wouldn't even dream of it in a tube.

Be careful and good luck,

Brent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast