Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: First time to Mammoth, please advise

Default First time to Mammoth, please advise

I'm heading up to stay in Mammoth for mostly mtn biking but we are also considering some fishing. Please fill me in on anything and everything about fishing in that area including lakes (maybe streams/rivers), what I can expect to catch, and what lures work at each location. I'm a bassing guy by nature so i know how to present an artificial. Thanks guys!!!

All you need is nightcrawler, thomas buoyant, panther martin in the smallest size (gold/red color/black).

You should hit up Convict Lake and take the effort to do a short hike around the whole lake. You'll do a lot of sightfishing there. If you can see the fish then you probably can catch it. - Yes...it's that clear and they're that close.

Next...try Rock Creek Lake with the same method as above. Also try Lake Mary, Little Virginia.

Creek fishing is a little unique and I can't disclose the name/location but google steven ojai and click on his page. You'll find tons of information on there.

Good luck!

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Ambassadorhawg View Post
    I'm heading up to stay in Mammoth for mostly mtn biking but we are also considering
    some fishing. Please fill me in on anything and everything about fishing in that area including lakes (maybe streams/rivers), what I can expect to catch, and what lures work at each location. I'm a bassing guy by nature so i know how to present an artificial. Thanks guys!!!

...or get the free fishing guide to the Eastern Sierra, offered by the DFW (hated by many because it gives away "secrets"). There is also a free fishing guide that the Inyo Register puts out annually. You might still find one lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by RTG View Post
    ...or get the free fishing guide to the Eastern Sierra, offered by the DFW (hated by many because it gives away "secrets"). There is also a free fishing guide that the Inyo Register puts out annually. You might still find one lying around.
    You can get the guide here: http://www.inyoregister.com/node/4541