Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 6/22 to 7/6 surface to bottom

Default 6/22 to 7/6 surface to bottom

It all started 2 weeks ago (Saturday 6/22) when me, Carlos and Jimmy fished on the spitfire out of MDR and Capt. Jeremy put us on the Calicos. Fishing horse sardines that were on roids, the 3 of us all caught double limits in a matter of about 2.5 hours.

Jimmy on the left, Myself and Carlos on the right.

All of them were of VERY nice quality - especially for our local fishery.

A few days passed. I was getting burned out from work so on late Thursday 6/27, I grabbed my surf gear and headed out to Santa monica pier w/my sand rake. The water was so warm. 90% of the sand crabs were soft shell, i honestly didn't even need my rake, i could have just scooped them up w/my hand and pinned them on. C-rig 8# fluorocarbon leader - pitched right into the break and got slammed by a pretty good sized Corb.

Every single cast produced a Bsp along w/this nice fish above.

Then on Saturday 6/29, Carlos and I went back to the Spit and saw some familiar faces. Our buddy Joe and Ray Ray were standing in line.

Joe and I -

On this day, Joe caught the big fish (8# Wsb) on a whole squid (on the sliding sinker).

And our buddy Ray-ray had the most consistent stick - landing about 8 legal calicos, mainly on the plastic.

I also ended up getting my limit of Checkerboards.

4 reds...

And Carlos landed a FAT calico and a first time for him... wolf eel ~

Exactly one week later (today) Saturday 7/6, Jimmy - Carlos and Myself made the long drive north to SEA Landing in Santa Barbara and fished the Stardust.

Yeah it's a long drive but oh-so worth the trek. The quality of the rockfish is always amazing at Santa Rosa Island. All 3 of us limited out and caught all kinds of species.

Carlos:

Jimmy:

Me:

We killed it today. Fishing the drift from 200 - 275 feet. 12 oz sinkers. Double dropper loops or jigs.

Next saturday is probably going to be Spit again. We'd love to see you guys out there fishing with us.

Thanks for reading...
    Last edited by k3vin_kim; 07-07-2013 at 04:37 PM.

A report?!?
    I thought you were dead Bro!
    Nice report.
    Robert
    <><

Those Wolf Eeels are rad. They say they are good eating ?
    Great report Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    A report?!?
    I thought you were dead Bro!
    Nice report.
    Robert
    <><
    No kidding. MIA Kevin and Jimmy.

JJ we need your great reports too. No Tradition, No Problem.
    DR

Props to Kevin for pics and write up in the Log Newspaper Fishrap section.

http://www.fishrapnews.com/Features/...ishing-On-Fire