Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: A little history

Default A little history

I was combing through old issues of the Santa Clarita Signal from 1971 at work and I found articles from the original opening days at Castaic and Pyramid. Pretty interesting actually. 4000+ people showed up at Castaic to catch bass and trout, pre-striper days haha, and the DFG had serious doubts about whether fish would survive the journey through the aqueduct and into the lakes (they were sure wrong about that!).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cea168c6-7da6-4716-a43b-9502460e6811_zps2ede2c97.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	41847   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52bde8a9-a521-460e-b4a6-8208153f2739_zps71326bfb.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	41845  

Quote Originally Posted by ancam93 View Post
    I was combing through old issues of the Santa Clarita Signal from 1971 at work and I found articles from the original opening days at Castaic and Pyramid. Pretty interesting actually. 4000+ people showed up at Castaic to catch bass and trout, pre-striper days haha, and the DFG had serious doubts about whether fish would survive the journey through the aqueduct and into the lakes (they were sure wrong about that!).
    I was there opening weekend, the funny thing was the first day it was WFO for the shore anglers. The very next day in the same spots not much action.