Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team 57 Event June 28-29

Default Team 57 Event June 28-29

Sorry for the late report but as many I'm sure I am still recovering from the heat and a great event!
    I arrived at the lake to find a group of Team 57 setting up stuff and was very happy to see a large number of new faces.I set up my basecamp next to Troutdog and his daughter Lauren which had set up in what appeared to be a golden spot and Tapersteve and his daughter April were right next to them. The Hometown crew was off to the side getting there gear ready for a epic night. Troutdog was putting on a clinic on catching Tilapia and was helping everyone out with gear and setups to get everyone interested on the fish. A little while later Big Daddy showed up and we began the prep work for what was the biggest catfish fry I have ever been a part of! I have no idea how many people we fed but it was a ton. We had to add oil and wait for it to go back up to frying temperature at least 3 times.Big Daddy also made his famous coleslaw for the masses. We fed everyone until they were full and ready to spend the night fishing.

It was a great night on and around the lake with the typical Team 57 style representing the principles of Family, Friends, Fun, and Fishing! Many people brought their entire family out from the baby's to the grandparents and it was great to see the many generations of family sharing in the epic fun.

Many had great luck fishing while others "me" were not so lucky but it didn't seem to matter because all of the banter and comraderie was all that was needed to make this evening a success! I had a couple of bites but I jumped the gun and set the hook like I was trout fishing but I was using circle hooks and it didn't work out for me. Lol! I knew better but couldn't help it.

I spent the night on shore with Troutdog, Lauren, April, Josh and Thisfool and it was a blast. Fishing was slow in our area but we didn't much care. We could have moved but were having too much fun chilling out.

Morning came along and it was time for breakfast prep. Again I have no idea how many people we fed but I know for a fact that we went through 10 dozen eggs and a ton of pancakes. Chef Big Daddy was on the ball feeding the masses. Apparently he can cook on shore as well as he does on his boat! Lol! Everyone ate until they could eat no more and no one left hungry.

Then to the prizes which we awarded for the Biggest catfish, Largest stringer, and Smallest catfish. The Biggest catfish was I believe a 8# falling to Dan of the Hometown crew. Part of his haul was a SWEET BB Custom rod! Thanks Bob for another spectacular donation.And to Travis "Thisfool" for the tackle bag full of catfish goodies! Thank you to all of the sponsors that made this event that much better.

I know others took pics and I'm sure they will make a post of there own or tack them on to mine.

Special thanks to the Fishing Lakes/Corona lake staff for all they did including bailing us out on a few items we forgot to bring with us! lol
    Also to Tapersteve and Big Daddy for all of the hard work they put into this event and for Big Daddy providing and cooking 2 epic meals for the masses!
    Last edited by 5150fishn; 07-01-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Epic report brother, Enjoyed the read. Way to represent

Great report Brother.It was truly a great time cant wait till next event

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Epic report brother, Enjoyed the read. Way to represent
    You were missed my brother but you had important priorities!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hometown View Post
    Great report Brother.It was truly a great time cant wait till next event
    Good seeing you and the crew Mark! Can't wait till next time bro!

Sounds like it was a great time out there! Sorry I couldn't make it. Been tough finding work lately and finally got an opportunity this past weekend. Hope to be out for the next one. See y'all soon!

Thumbs up

Wow, being fed so well is worth the price of admission by itself! Kudos to Big Daddy for generously cooking and feeding everybody.
    Sounds like it was a great event and everybody had a good time. A pat in the back for TaperSteve and all that were involved in putting the event together.
    Thanks for the report Dan.

Last edited by TaperSteve; 07-03-2013 at 10:30 AM.

great report dan ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Great meeting you, Dan! Although we didn't get out to Corona until after 9pm, it was still cool to meet some of Team 57 in the morning. And thanks for the pancake breakfast too, my wife had a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobber Boy View Post
    Sounds like it was a great time out there! Sorry I couldn't make it. Been tough finding work lately and finally got an opportunity this past weekend. Hope to be out for the next one. See y'all soon!
    You were missed out there bro!
    Last edited by 5150fishn; 07-09-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast