Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Jenks Lake Action! Video Report

Default Jenks Lake Action! Video Report

My wife (+1) and daughter went out fishing on the Kayak to Jenks Lake. Got to the lake around 2:30 and people were coming off with full stringers. Said they were biting off the hook all day on Kastmasters. We launched our boat and paddled out to the middle and started fishing. Had my wife and daughter set up with some slip floats at 10-15 feet and Power Bait. They started getting bites right away. I was casting a Kastmaster and had my extra rod with a slip float as well. After a bit we started to catch some rainbows and get bit on the kastmaster as well. It was great weather and fun to be out on the water. The fish are on the small stocker side I would say. Hopefully they are able to grow a bit. People shore fishing and off the dock were catching them as well. Here is the Video Report from Jenks Lake.

Calicanuck

Thats what fishing is about....getting out with the family and just enjoying the experience, too cool. Jenks is a beautiful lake. Next time leave the Powerbait behind and just split-shot some red powerworms.........kills it there, and easy C&R! I had my best numbers day ever there using them. 50+ in four hours. And yeah DFW fish are really small this year, money must be tight Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by phishin phool View Post
    Thats what fishing is about....getting out with the family and just enjoying the experience, too cool. Jenks is a beautiful lake. Next time leave the Powerbait behind and just split-shot some red powerworms.........kills it there, and easy C&R! I had my best numbers day ever there using them. 50+ in four hours. And yeah DFW fish are really small this year, money must be tight Thanks for posting.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll have to give that a try. I don't go to jenks lake much but seems like it is stocked pretty heavily. Nice place to go for the afternoon.

Good stuff Cali...That's awesome your wife and daughter enjoy getting out on the water to fish with you. Your vid's will share priceless memories for years to come.