Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Local Ghost 6/27

Default Local Ghost 6/27

I heard the tanker seabass were biting in my backyard so Jeff and i went out wed. night to have a look. We get to the spot around 11pm and set the squid light out. It was tough making bait. We would jig a few and net a few but every time a took the crowder out they would disappear. We caught a few dozen pieces and called it a night around 1. I set out a couple of rods before going to bed and just as I was dozing off I hear the clicker sing. I grabbed the rod and it feels like the right kind. Jeff gets up and turns the deck light on and grabs the gaff. A short while later, seabass #8 hit the deck of the Kolo this year! It was between 25=30 pounds, not exactly a tanker but I'll take it. That was it for the night. We got a few hours sleep and morning came fast. We saw a few more caught by the 40+ boats around us but nothing but bat rays for us. As the day wore on the sand bass and barracuda moved in. All were quality fish but with a nice seabass already in the bag, everything was released. Called it a day around 3pm and began the long 6 mile journey back to the dock.

Awesome catch on that WSB,were you in the same local where you took the pic?
    I would imagine its not a secret,as you said there was about 40 other boats in the area.
    Nice toad Sandies too. Thanks

Cya TunaVic

Totally scored on a coastal WSB. Great job.
    Big Grumpy too.
    DR

Awesome Report!

-(Orignal) Bman

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Awesome catch on that WSB,were you in the same local where you took the pic?
    I would imagine its not a secret,as you said there was about 40 other boats in the area.
    Nice toad Sandies too. Thanks

Cya TunaVic
    Yeah, same local where I took the pic, about 2 miles off Bolsa Chica. No. it's not a secret. I bet there are over 100 boats there now.

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Yeah, same local where I took the pic, about 2 miles off Bolsa Chica. No. it's not a secret. I bet there are over 100 boats there now.
    Well,at least you got yours before the total zoo,way to go!

Cya TunaVic