Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: A pretty good day at San Antonio 6/26

Default A pretty good day at San Antonio 6/26

Got on the water about 6:15, light overcast conditions,water temp 73 degrees*water was green with alga bloom, visability only 3 ft. atthe surfaceSet up and did a little trolling for stripers in the chalk cliffs area.Wasn't in the water more than a few minutes when my grandsons fig went bendo and the drag started screaming. Helped him get the pole out of the holder and then just rooted and advised him in the proper way to reel in the fish. He did a great job of getting the fish to the net. The striper was over 10 lbs, his personal best of any fish. Reloaded and made another pass and this time I got the twin to the first fish. Third try and Reids pole does the bend again. He boated another striper even larger than the first by a couple lbs.*Then the overcast burned off and the bite shut down. We tried for another couple passes with no action or anything on thefinder so we ran across the lake to fish for cats. A little of that goes a long way when you're only 11 so I fished while he swam. I did get two cats one about 4 lbs and one about 1.5. Off the water around 2 PM.I have some photos and if I can figuer it out I'll put them up.

Nice catch plumbertom, Thanks for the report.

That sounds like awesome fishing. 3 DDs!

PT, sounded like you & the Grandson had a pretty memorable outing. Those trips are priceless, good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't figure out how to post pics so, https://picasaweb.google.com/plumber...sFirsrtStriped

Nice tom. I'm gonna be there 5th thru 12

Nice job PT!!

It's always great to hear about reports from there. Way to put the kid on fish.

But your link came up invalid.

Download photobucket it is free. Copy image code and just paste on your report and pics will be there.

Great report Tom. Sounds like a hell of a day with the kids. Waiting to get my trim motor fixed so hopefully I can get out there and slay a few. Conditions sound perfect. Anyone seen any boils yet?

I didn't see any boils and the bait balls I did see were close to the bottom. Those fish all came in about 25' of water.

Quote Originally Posted by MikesOcean View Post
    Nice job PT!!

It's always great to hear about reports from there. Way to put the kid on fish.

But your link came up invalid.

Download photobucket it is free. Copy image code and just paste on your report and pics will be there.
    More a problem with being unfamiliar with the device I was using than with picasa. Been having difficulty lately with my home computer connection so I've been using one of them pad thingies that work off the cell network.