Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: CAST NET- Legal or Not

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default CAST NET- Legal or Not

What up FNN? I just got a new job that allows me to travel the country on a fairly regular basis. My goal is to catch a fish in every state I travel to lol. Last week I was in Kemah, Texas and I purchased a cast net and a small frabill bait tank. I validated the purchase by catching my 1st Alligator Gar, a couple drums and a few cats. I will be down in San Diego this Friday, staying at Campland on the bay; which is near mission bay. I am no means a salt guy, but I’ve had luck before using a double dropper loop fishing squid. Im looking forward to hitting this spot but I do have a few questions. 1st and MOST IMPORTANT is the legality of the cast net? 2nd, if it is illegal (which I believe it is), is there anywhere I can purchase bait fish down there besides the barges? And lastly, would you even bother with the live bait or just run a double dropper loop? …and maybe one more, is there any other setups that you’d recommend while I’m chucking out the artificials? Thanks again for the info FNN!!

Cheers,
    -Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130610_222756_931-2.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	41654
    Last edited by Piss on Myspace; 06-26-2013 at 10:23 PM.