Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBL Smackin' trout and gills

Quote Originally Posted by etaggart View Post
    We'll be back July 13/14 and 20/21 - I'll be tubin' it as usual. Hopefully the bass will be back to biting and I can find a few. My F-in-law may come up at some point in August with his pontoon boat, so there's hope for some trout trolling/drifting action as well.
    F in law with a pontoon...sweet deal. Sounds like a great time. Two weekends in a row at BBL is awesome.

I am heading up to Dinkey Wilderness to hike and fish for trout July 13/14. Good luck to both of us!

Troutin Man, glad that you had a great family vacation and 4 days of successful fishing. We were there on Friday and I only caught some gills at Boulder Bay. Too bad that we had lunch at Lake Arrowhead, otherwise I would drag everyone to the Himalayan restaurant again, lol....

Quote Originally Posted by The Fishing Queen View Post
    Troutin Man, glad that you had a great family vacation and 4 days of successful fishing. We were there on Friday and I only caught some gills at Boulder Bay. Too bad that we had lunch at Lake Arrowhead, otherwise I would drag everyone to the Himalayan restaurant again, lol....
    Yes. The Himalayan is so damn good especially the shrimp masala! Good to hear you caught gills. Did you use your fly rod?

Shrimp masala? I have to try it out next time with my family. I was fishing with my Tenkara rod, and caught most gills on a dark brown nymph at the left side of the dock.

Since moving out of the area in 2008, I don't frequent Big Bear Lake the way I once did. For 40 years, it was my default setting for trout--bass--and panfish fun from April to November. One recollection I do have of the Lake from recent times.....I was putzing around near the dam end of the Lake on early afternoon, metering fish for fun. The quantity of trout seen at and below the thermocline that June day was incredible. That Lake has a TON of fish within it.

That Himalayan Restaurant sounds like a "must" on our next trip up the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fishing Queen View Post
    Did you consider eating at the Lakebrook Malt Shop in Cedar Glen?

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    Did you consider eating at the Lakebrook Malt Shop in Cedar Glen?

We went there once, I wasn't fond of the service. It took us 45 mins to get the food, then they messed up our order and no apology from the waitress. This place does have long history and it was operated since 1940's. We liked the burgers (don't remember the names) and shake. I call it "heart attack food" - high in calories, high in fat and rich in sugar. This is just my opinion only. I would go back for another try, but don't think I'll become their regular.

If you live in the mountains, I would recommend "Pazzos" in Top Town Crestline. It's really not a fancy place and it does not have AC in the summer. They serve pizza and Italian food. The pizza is OK to my taste, but I like their pasta dishes. My favorite is Shrimp fra Diavalo. The chief (the owner) makes it so special, the shrimp are cooked just right. I like seafood and am very picky about how it is prepared. I think they make the best that I ever had. I go there for the great Italian food and hospitality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12