Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trolling before work

Default Trolling before work

I called my buddy Darry to invite him fishing in a couple weeks. He said, "Lets go tomorrow.". Done deal!

I met Darry and his Grandson Austin at Gallion's Market to pick up supplies and talk to Steve.

We planned a taco run, with only 3 hours to fish we were just after the easy ones. I hadn't seen T/O's report yet.

I started the boat at 6:00 am. We ran down the lake to get to some zones that I heard had been producing. No dice for Hawks Nest and only one tiny dink coming out of Old SS so we went on down the Fish Arm and started fishing across from the bathroom.

Austin had never caught a fish before. He caught his first fish in Old SS and was patient with me when I threw it overboard. He insisted that I take a turn reeling one in, then caught his second fish and was very happy with the bigger one. (1 1/2 lb. ). Into the fish hold they went.

We had a slow pick until about 8 o:clock with about 7 fish in the hold, then things picked up. In the last hour and 15 minutes we managed to bring the number up to 21. We farmed a few at the boat in that time too.

All of our fish came on singles with only one single single, double, except on our last pass, both poles got hit. I grabbed the pole on the right and Austin grabbed the pole on the left. Austin got a single and I think I had a single too, but about half way in I got hit hard and wound up bringing in a triple.

Not bad for 3 hours before work but I think T/O will call this my "Uncore!".
    Last edited by fishinone; 06-25-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Wow. That's unbelievable. Wish I would get an invite one day. LOL Congrats.

DAMN! WTG...man i wish i could smash them like that....congrats on the slaying!

Tony G
    Fishingdachronarch201e7

Nice Ron. That's a lot of tacos.

It would appear we need to follow Bob.

Our fish are inadequate.

Awesome for 3 hours.

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    It would appear we need to follow Bob.

Our fish are inadequate.

Awesome for 3 hours.
    No doubt, but I'm forwarding this post to Cory. He's gonna go all HardCore on you now!

Very nice report great job!!

WTG Ron! I was actually thinking that if I can get limits by 8:45 like Saturday, could I go before work... the answer is NO because of travel to unhook the boat at home and run to Westlake Village. When I was self employed I used to do that stuff, but I probably would just fish out the day and catch up on work later back then. Maybe we both can give some of our stripers to Bob for him to use as bait for his fish. :)
    DMS

Great job Ron in such a short time! But I think Bob is setting the bar high for everyone. No one is going to care about limits as much as catching some elusive pigs now! Haha

Nonetheless great job putting your friends on fish. Too much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MikesOcean View Post
    Great job Ron in such a short time! But I think Bob is setting the bar high for everyone. No one is going to care about limits as much as catching some elusive pigs now! Haha

Nonetheless great job putting your friends on fish. Too much fun!
    Yea, I know what you mean.
    Last edited by fishinone; 06-29-2013 at 07:09 PM.