Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High-dollar spinning reels?

Some good comments so far. I'd like to add that you should buy the best you can afford! If you want to spend Stradic money, then do it! You won't be disappointed and you will find you can you that reel for other applications.

-brian
    (Original Bman)

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    Sahara is a good choice, but I wouldn't trade my ci4 for anything!
    X2. Good suggestion!

I think that the Pfluger reels are a best buy. Last Saturday we took rainbows in the 5-7lb. range in the Carson River around Tahoe. What a hoot...

Quote Originally Posted by GaryO View Post
    I think that the Pfluger reels are a best buy. Last Saturday we took rainbows in the 5-7lb. range in the Carson River around Tahoe. What a hoot...
    Since you said my name i'll chime in. I totally agree with the Pflueger. This year I used a President 6920 on my Phenix Mirage. Really smooth reel.

It all depends on your budget and what you consider " high dollar". Some consider $50-100 a lot for a reel while others consider $400-800 daiwa's and shimano stellas "high dollar". I agree that you whould just get the best you can for your budget...but also add that if you think a piece of equipment is out of your budget, there are always sales.
    Last edited by Frankenfish; 05-27-2015 at 08:50 PM.

I finally settled on a Pflueger President 6925 along with a very nice rod in a combo deal for $75 at Sportsman's Warehouse in Rocklin...thanks for all your counsel.

Shimano Sienna 1000 FD

FTW!!!!!!

Best Value Around. Oooops.. I just saw I was too late.

seina 2500 is the business! used those for awhile before I started using Ci4's

I've used most of the Shimanos from Symetre and up for as long as they've existed. I used one Symetre 2000 in Alaska one summer and caught over 100 coho salmon on it....they drag was burned but that was way over its tolerance limits. Have had a couple of Sustains and I found they had internal problems quickly if stressed heavily or got dirty....won't use them anymore. May favorite have been Stradics of which I have nearly all of them. Recently got a couple of Cl4's (1000 and 2500). One 3 day fishing trip with them for bass in Texas with nearly 150 bass caught and released to 8 lbs.......I am in love with these reels. But the Sedona's and Symetres work just fine for most practical purposes.

Brian

Pfluger. Good drag, sturdy frame and good price for bass and trout.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast