Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    This forum has been relatively quiet of late. Anyone have any thoughts on the Zimmerman - Trayvon Martin trial? Any comments on whether it was murder or stand your ground?
    Yup, the whole thing is a sham. The judge just proved that today by doing this;

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/07/11...mmerman-trial/

And the justice department was busted doing this;

http://www.judicialwatch.org/bulleti...in-was-killed/

And to your question if it was "murder" or "stand your ground"? It was neither, it was self defense. This judge should be disbarred at the least. Changing the game after the fact in order to railroad Zimmerman is exactly what's happening here. Higher ups are pulling the prosecution and the judge's strings...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    This judge should be disbarred at the least.
    On what gounds?

The jury can consider manslaughter as a lesser charge, if I understand the a recent interpretation of Florida law correctly.

Pushing for a 3rd degree murder option is a bit underhanded imho, but the judge still hasn't ruled on this. And even if she hands down a ruling favorable to the prosecution, I imagine an appeal would be soon to follow.

Let the riots begin when he is acquitted. I am ready and have the tools at the front door ready for action. lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frontdoor.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	41896

[QUOTE=Lady Quagga;683954]On what gounds?

The jury can consider manslaughter as a lesser charge, if I understand the a recent interpretation of Florida law correctly.

Pushing for a 3rd degree murder option is a bit underhanded imho, but the judge still hasn't ruled on this. And even if she hands down a ruling favorable to the prosecution, I imagine an appeal would be soon to follow.[/QUO

The manslaughter option should have been included at the start of the trial, not after both sides ended their arguements. Different charges require different defenses. Also, did you read the full article? They want to throw in child abuse charges as well. An appeal? What jury could possibly convict on any of the prosecutions evidence presented so far? Well, OJ was found innocent...

The manslaughter option should have been included at the start of the trial, not after both sides ended their arguements.
    Incorrect. Either the prosecution or the defense can make a motion to introduce manslaughter as possible lesser charge. (Just like they can make a motion to push for a possible charge of 3rd degree murder and child abuse, in fact. More on this below.)

Also, did you read the full article? They want to throw in child abuse charges as well. An appeal? What jury could possibly convict on any of the prosecutions evidence presented so far?
    It follows that if the prosecution is pushing for 3rd degree murder conviction, that they would push for a child abuse charge that would support the 3rd degree murder charge. Once again, the judge has yet to rule on this, and I think it was a desperate tactic on behalf of the prosecution. Solely on what I've heard in the news, I feel the prosecution failed to make an adequate case for 2nd degree murder. However, I think it there is a strong enough case for a manslaughter conviction.

Voting ends at 1:00 PT. Cast your ballots for Puig now!
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 07-11-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    That GIF is almost hypnotic. I watched it loop like 20 times.
    Hey, you know that BSB case that we have opening arguments for on Friday?

I have a perfect excuse! SELF DEFENSE!

We can just claim that even though our client was harassing the fish by poking it with a stick, even though they were told not to by the authorities, the fish opened its mouth, and swam for him so there was nothing else our client could do other than spear it because it was coming right for him.

BTW, your business cards just got here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    It follows that if the prosecution is pushing for 3rd degree murder conviction, that they would push for a child abuse charge that would support the 3rd degree murder charge. Once again, the judge has yet to rule on this, and I think it was a desperate tactic on behalf of the prosecution. Solely on what I've heard in the news, I feel the prosecution failed to make an adequate case for 2nd degree murder. However, I think it there is a strong enough case for a manslaughter conviction.
    Yeah, but at this point, the prosecution is looking as incompetent as Skyler and I's law firm.

Pretty soon they'll further hedge their bet by asking the jury to consider littering charges on Zimmerman for the spent shell casings that landed on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Hey, you know that BSB case that we have opening arguments for on Friday?

I have a perfect excuse! SELF DEFENSE!

We can just claim that even though our client was harassing the fish by poking it with a stick, even though they were told not to by the authorities, the fish opened its mouth, and swam for him so there was nothing else our client could do other than spear it because it was coming right for him.
    That poor BSB didn't have anything on him but anchovies and seawater.

THIS JUST IN! No third degree murder charges for the Z-man. So now it's manslaughter or a book deal!
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 07-11-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Incorrect. Either the prosecution or the defense can make a motion to introduce manslaughter as possible lesser charge. (Just like they can make a motion to push for a possible charge of 3rd degree murder and child abuse, in fact. More on this below.)

Voting ends at 1:00 PT. Cast your ballots for Puig now!
    Since I'm not an attorney I won't argue with you but desperation on the prosecution's part is blatantly obvious. So what about the Judicial Watch report showing the Justice departments involvement in organizing protests, on the taxpayers dime? This is a political show trial period. Manslaughter? Why? Since when did it become illegal to defend yourself?

Since I'm not an attorney I won't argue with you but desperation on the prosecution's part is blatantly obvious. So what about the Judicial Watch report showing the Justice departments involvement in organizing protests, on the taxpayers dime?
    I have no desire to comment on that report with the information provided. When I hear more, I will venture an opinion.

This is a political show trial period. Manslaughter? Why? Since when did it become illegal to defend yourself?
    When you set into motion the events which led to the confrontation and subsequent wrongful death of another.

And save yourself the time and hassle of trying to explain the chain of events as they occurred - I am not going to argue the case here on FNN. I will defer to Faggotti and Partners for that.
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 07-11-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast