Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silverwood Dam 6/29/13

Default Silverwood Dam 6/29/13

Did some shore fishing by the dam area at Silverwood today with a friend and his dad. I threw a few lures in the morning but it was getting hot…so I set up my chair and some shade and decided to do some bait fishing w/ nightcrawlers and sardines just like the other guys. I caught 4 small stripers on nightcrawlers but released a tiny dink. My buddy caught 2 stripers and a catfish w/sardines…and his dad caught 3 small stripers on nightcrawlers. We left around 1pm….and I decided to give them the fish I caught since they have a big family and love eating striped bass…plus I was too tired from baking all day.

*sidenote…the water bottle in the pic is a 1 liter bottle

Thank you for the report and picture. You guys got bit and the fish shook your poles, GREAT. Keep the report coming as soon as I can get off medical restriction I will be out there on the dam. I can be at the dam in 25 minutes. i wished I could GO.

Nice job out there!

Sound like a fun day. Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig-Guy View Post
    Thank you for the report and picture. You guys got bit and the fish shook your poles, GREAT. Keep the report coming as soon as I can get off medical restriction I will be out there on the dam. I can be at the dam in 25 minutes. i wished I could GO.
    Hey Jig-Guy...I envy you man...I wish I lived that close to a lake like that. I live in Orange County, and it took us about an hour to get there... I hope you finish the medical restriction faster than expected and get back to fishing soon

Quote Originally Posted by ghettofishermans son View Post
    Nice job out there!
    Thanks man...the guys I went with had skunked out a few times previously. So they definitely had a blast this time around

Quote Originally Posted by CCfisherman View Post
    Sound like a fun day. Thanks for the report.
    No problem...thanks CCfisherman! At one point I threw a nightcrawler in the water and it got bit instantly...it really made it an interesting day