Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: # line for Swimbaits

Default # line for Swimbaits

Hello there,

Just wondering what is the best line I could spool up for some Swimbaits. Have a couple of 2-4oz Swimbaits that I plan on throwing, so I wanted to know what you guys recommended.

Any info would be appreciated.

For 2-4 ounce swimbaits i use 20# Maxima Mono... Simply the best line out there in my opinion for smaller sized swimbaits...

Pete

i use 20 big game for 6in bbzs and everything similar to that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    For 2-4 ounce swimbaits i use 20# Maxima Mono... Simply the best line out there in my opinion for smaller sized swimbaits...

Pete
    +1
    Has some good stretch to it as well

1-3 0z baits i use 17lb suffix mono 4-6oz i use 25lb Big game. You want a line with give so u dont swing off urs baits but at the same time u want a line with a lot of strenth and is managable on ur reel. I would recomend you to aso buy a line condition to keep you line in good shape both strenth wise and memory wise, you dont want to have to deal with line memory messing up ur distance , KVD line conditioner is great. Maxima has horrible line memory and is honestly cheap line. Check ur knots often and line to make sure u dont have any frys or kinks in ur line or it may cost u a bait of even worse a fish of life time. Good luck out there dude swinging big baits and swinging big fish

"Maxima has horrible line memory and is honestly cheap line." I completely disagree... Maxima 20lb is very limp compared to other brands of the same diameter. If its coiling up on you then it was either spooled incorrectly because it will coil if it isnt spooled correctly or its simply been on the reel for too long...all mono has some memory and will coil if left on the reel unused for a long length of time. I personally have never had a problem with Maxima having horrible line memory...or experienced it being an inferior line...Simply put , its one of the best monos on the market. JMHO

Pete

Try 20# p line cxx