Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Summer of Love Loking,..

Default Summer of Love Loking,..

Finally been able to get into the water last week on boat and tube. During the week the water temps dropped so we weren't able to get into any slime sticks. No problem really there but the guy who took us out was really looking forward to getting some on his new boat. Just gotta hit up the islands for blood then. We did scratch at the bottom critters for some decent taco fish. Nothing else to report there, just that the weather turned to **** at noon and pretty much blew us out the water. We drifted in the harbor for some halis but a no go there. Next time. Couple days later Rudy and I hit the water but in our float tubes this time. Right away after we launched we started to whack at the bass and a couple of Halibuts. We both managed to get 26 inchers off of lures. Not bad. While I had the hali's on a stringer tied to my tube, a bull sea lion grabbed one of them and tugged half my tube into the water! Startled me like hell. Did not see that coming at all! I pulled the rope and got the flattie out of his mouth and he swam away. I don't have to tell you this but that pretty much ended our fishing trip LOL We kicked like hell to the launch area and got out quick! Pretty scary that the dog was able to pull my tube in the water like that. I'll be more careful next...like having someone else hold on the fish,.. ;)

Check out the video to see how the fishing pretty much went. Got some good footage of both trips! Thanks,..

http://youtu.be/h2XCnrmegYw
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h2XCnrmegYw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Glad your okay and that you got "most" of your fish back...damn dogs! Those things are a pain in the ***. Cool vid as always man. Thanks for sharing.

Don

And I thought I was flustered after a bull took a 30 incher off of a stringer that was hanging over the side of our rented skiff. Be glad it was the hali and not one of your fins. Good move getting out of there because he definitely was still in the area. Nice fish btw.

Nice video! You guys kill it every time
    I always thought it would be scary to string a fish on the side of a kayak or tube. I don't know about you but I think great whites are kinda scary
    Glad you guys are safe though. Thanks for the cool video

Thien

I love all your posts! I'm looking to get a tube soon then maybe i'll see ya out there?!?!

Great work!

connor

nice hali

Cool vid. They were filming Sons of Anarchy yesterday (mon) at Larson's.

Quote Originally Posted by bloox8 View Post
    I don't know about you but I think great whites are kinda scary
    Great Whites inside the harbor ? That's funny ?

Quote Originally Posted by connordoyle View Post
    I love all your posts! I'm looking to get a tube soon then maybe i'll see ya out there?!?!

Great work!

connor
    Just let me know when you wanna go tubing! I'm down for it,.. ;)