Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

View Poll Results: Shoud the Dodgers manager be fired?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

4 80.00%
  • no

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should the Dodgers fire Don Mattingly

Default should the Dodgers fire Don Mattingly

I say yes, and this why. Last year when they were 9 games in first He couldn't even motivate them to come close to winning the division, and this year they are 29th in the league for runs scored. yet they are batting .253 for 14th in the league. pitching they are 13th in the league. A manager that can't keep a team motivated with a 9 game lead sucks. I would fire him a month ago.

I would have long ago. Every time Belisario comes in its lights out, well lights out for the Dodgers.

Without even getting into sitting players the day after a great performance or inability to mix up unproductive hitters in the lineup or banish Cruz to hell, his record speaks for itself and is totally unacceptable

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    I would have long ago. Every time Belisario comes in its lights out, well lights out for the Dodgers.

Without even getting into sitting players the day after a great performance or inability to mix up unproductive hitters in the lineup or banish Cruz to hell, his record speaks for itself and is totally unacceptable
    totally right on the money. dont forget to cast your vote cutbait

Yes......and my man Mike cross town needs the exit too.

Quote Originally Posted by CL SmooV View Post
    Yes......and my man Mike cross town needs the exit too.
    What about him replacing Mattingly?

No they should not hes got the dodgers right were the giants want them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    What about him replacing Mattingly?
    No--- Mattingly just isn't a good fit for the blue crew and Mike wouldn't fit either. I would favor Melvin or even Gibson running the dodgers dugout. If Mike becomes the fall guy then Gardenhire would be my pick.

Quote Originally Posted by troutonly View Post
    no they should not hes got the dodgers right were the giants want them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,
    preach!!!!

While I do subscribe to the "Champions are built not bought" school of thought, I've never felt that Mattingly was manager material. Like, take the time he let Kershaw swing away with the bases loaded, one out. What happened? You think Tony LaRussa woulda let his pitcher ground into a bases-loaded double-play with a decent lead-off guy on deck? It's these little (or maybe not so little) things that a great manager gets right over the course of 162 games that makes as much of a difference as charisma or clubhouse presence IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by CL SmooV View Post
    No--- Mattingly just isn't a good fit for the blue crew and Mike wouldn't fit either. I would favor Melvin or even Gibson running the dodgers dugout. If Mike becomes the fall guy then Gardenhire would be my pick.
    Scioscia should come back home...Dodgers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast