Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: El casco lake

Default El casco lake

For those of you who have wondered about fishing Casco, you can now catch a Casco fish.......at Fisherman's Retreat lol. The fish at Casco are all being transferred to Fisherman's retreat. I believe I have caught a few of the transferred cats because they hit trout spinners... but i don't fish for cats so i dunno... i was thinking maybe they hit the spinners cuz there is no forage in casco and they were starving. Maybe this has something to do with the bass bite shutting off completely at the retreat, caught only fry no big bass last week.

2. Default

Why are they being moved over? Does it have to do with the park being made at El Casco?

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Why are they being moved over? Does it have to do with the park being made at El Casco?
    Park? I dunno bro... Gary the security guy just told me they were transferring the fish and that it was more difficult than they thought. Said the bass were very skinny and none very big but the cats are decent. Whats up with this park thing?

4. Default

Not sure if this is accurate, but I heard that El Casco was totally drained. Reportedly, the Conservatory group was asked to spend a lot of money by the government to shore up the dam. They didn't think it was financially feasible, so they....drained the entire lake. No fish were saved, at least to my source's knowledge. Shame.

Yes, sadly that is the case. Only a puddle now... The dam is cracked and they just let it leak out.

Several years ago, the California State Record Bluegill came out of El Casco. Something like 3 pounds…

7. Default

Little update on the entire process of why and how El Casco Lakes were drained (and the future?)

Riverside Land Conservancy Presentation:
    https://www.calandtrusts.org/wp-cont...kes-Resort.pdf

Default El Casco

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Little update on the entire process of why and how El Casco Lakes were drained (and the future?)

Riverside Land Conservancy Presentation:
    https://www.calandtrusts.org/wp-cont...kes-Resort.pdf
    I read somewhere 4 yrs or so ago it is now a school soccer/ sports complex.Built where the lakes used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by castle View Post
    I read somewhere 4 yrs or so ago it is now a school soccer/ sports complex.Built where the lakes used to be.
    Looks like the lakes are no more according to google. A shame!