Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: San Antonio still pretty good

Default San Antonio still pretty good

Aloha all, hit San Antonio last week on Monday, first stop caught a nice largemouth about 3-4 lbs, couple casts later I caught a catfish on my plastic worm. Walked about 200 yards and caught a nice smallmouth and another nice largemouth. Missed several other fish then hooked and lost another largemouth that jumped off. Next stop got a nice smallmouth next to a floating tree, then got a largemouth on the other side of the tree. 20 minutes later saw a fish chasing minnows by the tree and first cast caught a largemouth, next 2 cast caught 2 more largemouth. Last stop, first cast caught a nice smallmouth, next cast another nice smallmouth, fished another 15 minutes but started getting snagged and lost several setups. Decided it was time to go since it was getting late. Probably fished about 8 hours. Since the fishing was good I decided to go with the wife Wednesday. We got to the lake about 6ish PM, first stop where I caught the fish by the floating tree the day before resulted in NADA, not even a nibble. The next stop. was my last stop from the day before, my first fish was a nice largemouth about 3-4 lbs. The wife then catches a nice largemouth about 1 1/2 lbs, I walk down the bank and catch a catfish on my plastic worm, now that's 2 catfish in 2 trips on a plastic worm. About 10 casts later I get a largemouth about 1 1/2 lbs, 2 casts later get another largemouth about 3-4 lbs. Got dark so we left, I caught 3 largemouth and 1 catfish and the wife caught 1 largemouth and 1 smallmouth. Went out the next day with the wife, got to the lake around 430 pm, not a very good fishing day, still a good day with the wife though, I ended up catching a small largemouth, and 2 more catfish on plastic worms. I have never caught so many catfish on plastic worms, so in 3 trips to the lake I caught 4 catfish on plastic worms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG951002.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	41476   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0603131824.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	41477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0603131026c.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	41478   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0603131614a.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	41479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3988.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	41480  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0605131919b.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	41481   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0603131026.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	41482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1005.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	41483   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG951016.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	41484  
    Last edited by kahuna72; 06-12-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Nice report. You didn't try fishing for stripers?

Aloha VB, I am always ready to fish for stripers but most of the time I'm fishing on the shore, been looking for stripers boils but haven't seen any yet, went to the lake today from 6pm till about 9pm I managed to catch about 7 largemouth and the wife got 2 largemouth and 1 smallmouth, I was hoping to see some stripers, had a pole set up with a popper just in case. I hear the stripers should be hitting anyday, probably the days when I'm not there!!! Haha, the wifey usually works till 5 so that's why we usually fish from
    6ish till dark.

That's usually the best time to fish anyways. Great job again on catching the bass. Let me know when you hear or catch stripers. It's been more than 10 years since I've fished the lake and would like to haul my boat down there for a day of striper and bass fishing. Keep the great reports coming.