Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cats in the Wood. Bank fishing the Silver Mistress

One of my favorite spots. Caught my two biggest stripers there. And it just so happens one of those was this morning. Hooked up a 8 pounder off the point. People next to me were going through bait as well and catching a ton of dinks and some nice cats. I feel your pain hiking back up that damn hill.

Quote Originally Posted by cee hubb View Post
    They're in there, gotta find them
    Cee Hubb if you don't see me at the Wood you aren't there very often. It's called sarcasm.

If you are after cats and don't want the drive in the dirt or the hike down from the road Cleghorn is starting to heat up also.

Yes the backside is very fun and normally is one of the more quiet spots and can be very productive before and after the boat traffic that is.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelk View Post
    I felt the same way until last night. What a hard assed place to fish from shore. Like I said it's part of my exercise program. Holy cow I drop a pound or two each trip! :)
    Best to wear waders or wet wade when water level is up, it opens up much more of the shoreline and those points you can walk way out onto and fish both sides of the drop off.

But there are no fish in the Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    One of my favorite spots. Caught my two biggest stripers there. And it just so happens one of those was this morning. Hooked up a 8 pounder off the point. People next to me were going through bait as well and catching a ton of dinks and some nice cats. I feel your pain hiking back up that damn hill.
    Saw you the other day, you carry more rods than I do, you have a problem.....

seals correct no fish there at all !!!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Airona124 View Post
    seals correct no fish there at all !!!!! :)
    I try and tell them but they don't listen!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Saw you the other day, you carry more rods than I do, you have a problem.....
    I have a **** ton of problems according to my wife. But in my defense I was probably toting around my brothers rods. I bring no more then two rods. One swim bait, and one for drop shot. Drop shot rod might hit the shelf soon with the salad getting thick. Not too mention the largies are killing the punker right now at sunset into the night.

I have a **** ton of problems according to my wife. But in my defense I was probably toting around my brothers rods. I bring no more then two rods. One swim bait, and one for drop shot. Drop shot rod might hit the shelf soon with the salad getting thick. Not too mention the largies are killing the punker right now at sunset into the night.
    Think I saw you up in Black Oaks parking area, looked like about 4 rods or more, but your wife is probably right, we all have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Best to wear waders or wet wade when water level is up, it opens up much more of the shoreline and those points you can walk way out onto and fish both sides of the drop off.

But there are no fish in the Wood.
    Got it! Thanks for the tip. There are no fish in the Wood!

One of my favorite spots. Caught my two biggest stripers there. And it just so happens one of those was this morning. Hooked up a 8 pounder off the point. People next to me were going through bait as well and catching a ton of dinks a. nd some nice cats. I feel your pain hiking back up that damn hill.

Awesome catch. I am still only getting dinks. I need to change up and learn how to fish artificial s. best of luck to you. hope to see you at the lake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12