Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 6/23 super moon fishing?

Default 6/23 super moon fishing?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-57...ll-on-june-23/

^ short version of that is the on 6/23 the moon will be the closest to the earth it has been all year, resulting in a larger, brighter moon.

I know fishing is usually good on a full moon , so with the "supermoon" producing more light do you guys think is would be some epic night fishing? I am thinking about staying out all night on the 23rd but the 24th is my birthday and if i stay up all night i will just wanna sleep all day on my birthday.....nothing a 5 hour energy can't fix! Lol. But seriously do you guys think it will affect the fishing for the better?

Don't know depends on your target. Since I see you are liking the AC board I'm thinking you want to target big stripers maybe, big moon not so good for big striper fishermen!

Well I'm with you fishermax14. We both share the same birthday and all I wanna do is fish. I'm trying to decide on going out on a 3/4 day party boat and chase the yellows, or lauch the yak and look for the yellows. Either way, i'll be satisfied. Fish on and Happy B-day!

If i go out then i will be throwing anchovies and swimbaits for striper. No ac plugs though, ill stick to my bbz for now....until i can go in on a $100 deal with my uncle so we can get out order doubbled....also went fishing one morning and talked to a guy who showed me a 23lber he had caught the night before at 3:30 am. After i got home i realized that he caught it on the full moon
    Last edited by fishermanx14; 06-18-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
    Well I'm with you fishermax14. We both share the same birthday and all I wanna do is fish. I'm trying to decide on going out on a 3/4 day party boat and chase the yellows, or lauch the yak and look for the yellows. Either way, i'll be satisfied. Fish on and Happy B-day!
    hahah ya happy birthday to you too

i always like to striper fish during the full moon. or a couple days on either side. i will be out friday if the wind isnt to bad at pyramid. i will post a report. we went last full moon and caught limits.