Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Striperfest results w/ first TWO TIME CHAMP!

Good times!

But this is how it went down.

I drove by hardcor and bob and they were on a double hookup and watched them reel in some pigs on the troll and they were so nervous I saw them on fish they made it like they accidentally dropped them fish back in the water. They will prolly say hc farmed it. But I saw him land it, and throw it back in. What humble guys. Too considerate!!

Then I cruise up on the bako boys and they were nailing em on the troll and threw all there fish back in? As this is happening I hook up on the troll, land it, and Scott yells at me to throw my fish back in? I was confused. He said we just can't do this to everyone throw my fish back in. Hmmm.. Ok why not. So I did.

I pass DK and Andrew anchored and it was one fish after another, nice grade too. I see them catching and releasing!! WTF is going on... They look at me all confused. They just couldn't do it either. I see da anchored in a honey hole killing it. It was like he was flustered cuz he found the fish and he pulls anchor to move. I couldn't understand.

I'm hooking up on the troll on some nice fish, but by this time I was so brainwashed by everyone I threw my fish back into the water. This was crazy. Again I pass by hc and bob and there slamming fish on the troll and releasing.

Bob walks up with ONE fish? bako boys TWO each? the rest of us just one or two?COME ON GUYS.

You know this story CAN'T BE TRUE!!

This fest was a BLAST! Glad to meet new faces. CONGRATZ to the winners!! Good job to genaro and his son. good chit.

Everyone was very nice, event went smooth, and Mark and Tammy was 1st class with us.

BOB handled this event EXCELLENT and picked a GREAT moon phase! Lol

We need more events like this through the year! We don't have enough of them.

I am sure hardcor will put together a great vid. Great meeting you and Ty for your hospitality. (Your an Animal!)

Again, FANTASTIC EVENT! I'm beat up from the feat up!! Thank you everyone for your generosity.

It was a bummer FTS wasn't there hopefully next one!

The Bako Boys are some Cocky Mofos!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	41337Click image for larger version. 

Views:	129 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	41341

Hard Only!

Views:	118 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	41338

Pics from the Festivities...

Views:	132 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	41336Click image for larger version. 

Views:	148 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	41339Click image for larger version. 

Views:	127 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	41340Click image for larger version. 

Views:	136 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	41342Click image for larger version. 

Views:	134 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	41343Click image for larger version. 

Views:	141 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	41344

Views:	143 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	41345Click image for larger version. 

Views:	133 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	41346

Views:	131 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	41347Click image for larger version. 

Views:	137 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	41348

Views:	131 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	41349
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	128 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	41350  

This just sucks. Me looking at pictures of this event, while I have to work all weekend. I will be holding my own derby friday. Me and my son. from opening til noon.

Here are a few more...

Views:	118 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	41354Click image for larger version. 

Views:	108 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	41355

Views:	106 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	41351Click image for larger version. 

Views:	102 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	41352Click image for larger version. 

Views:	111 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	41353

I looked forward to reading this report and I wasn't dissapointed at all. Everyone had a great time regardless of the tough fishing and it's especially cool to read that the comeraderie was on top of the list!

Great job Trout Only and everyone who participated............

Great times, congrats to all that fished !
    Major props to T/O, Bako Boys.

DR

We had a blast regardless the conditions the best part is before and after we are on the water, are day started of great 2 min in a small boil popped right in front of us maybe not boil but about 10 fish busted the surface right in front of us and we trolled right threw it and hooked up before the 2nd boat was off the dock as we were the first on the water. we was all happy here we go lets go back and get another, NOT we worked that area for another 45 min and nothing. so we trolled to our bait spot for NOTHING. so we drop anchor and send down bait and as soon as my bait gets down hook up nice 3# fish and we was happy again ok we found them but for the next hour NOTHING, so we spent the day looking for them and just could not find them...

cant wait for the next event to see everyone again,

Striperfest is always a good time. It's become a group of friends and that makes fishing more enjoyable all year long.

Congratulations Milton and Gorge, this is a well desrrved win. You guys are champions.

Congratulations Khanh and Ace also.

Khanh, thanks for catching your big fish from my boat. LOL No Shame.!

Ace, Congratulations on you big fish. I enjoyed talking to you about hockey.

P.S.: I left my two fillet knives in the food table with a yellow sharpening tool and forgot to pick them up later. Did anybody find them?
    Last edited by fishinone; 06-10-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Gonrats to the winners ...
    Looks like great time was had as always , to bad i had to work all weekend and i missed this years ...

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by harlanx1 View Post
    Hey bud you forgot my credits for first striperfest surgery performed on site. Andrew has the pics. It was great getting to meet all of you guys I will be back next year hopefully in a boat of my own. I had a great time at the gate with dk andrew dave and his buddy.
    You my friend know how to troll ! I watched you get Ace that big fish and a tie for first place !

I learned that technique 40 years age by Fred Archer ! Nice Job !

Sacco and Ace were a Blast !

Corey

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast