Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Striperfest results w/ first TWO TIME CHAMP!

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Congrats to everybody who took part in this event. Sounds like it was a blast and I'm bummed I couldn't make it. Would've loved meeting all you folks. Next year I will be there. Can't wait for Hardcor's vid, I'm sure it's gonna be good. Good Job Bob, CB, and TB, sounds like you guys pulled off a great event...
    You better

Just had to sort through HardCor's "Other People's Stuff Caught" basket to see what I could find This is what I found.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Striperfest 2013-raffle-1.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	41332

This one is the most interesting one. Looks like a mini bat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Striperfest 2013-raffle-2.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	41333

That was a great event and even though it I couldn’t stay for the after-fishing get together, I really enjoyed meeting so many of the people I only read about. I have a theory that some striper saw the poster and warned the rest to stay away because that was the toughest bite I’ve seen all year at Pyramid and I’ve been there every week.

All I could find was the class of 2015 still in the 6” size and huge numbers of them. The few good bites I had didn’t come back after the initial contact. It would have been a good picture to show up at the weigh in with a full stringer of stripers in the 5-7” size.

Thanks to everyone, fishermen and lake staff, who put in the time and effort to make this happen.

Really nice to meet so many new faces this year, and to see so many familiar as well......

Tough day on the water, but still a great event.

Want to thank Bob for all his hard work in setting up this event, he is one class act.

Nice to finally meet the Bako Boys, I will reserve additional comment as they are in fact from Bakersfield.

Hardcor, winner best raffle donation......

Capt'n

Yeah, Hardcor saving everything he dug up, snagged, found in the past year fishing made a original and great raffle prize.

As goofy as it sounds it was great

Hardcor did not include the contraption of an umbrella rig he caught at DVL in the prize?

Yes he did and me and andrew had a fight over it ,andrew pimp slapped me good and ran off with it and stashed it in d/k's boat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i was too wore out to chase him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Have to say I was tenative participating in this event, having not fished Pyramid in 30 years, and really not knowing the whats, where's, and how to's that go along with striper fishing. However, a few check in's with TO, and knowing I had Which Way Out on the boat ultimately paved the way to making things all work themselves out. We tried trolling, and didn't succeed in that department, then set up on some marks, to have the kitties attack us. Then, made a head call, to be greeted by a 3 foot rattler awaiting me by the steps lol. As it happened, the lady sheriff was cruising by, and helped persuade the snake back into his hole. She gave Bill some intel, which we promptly went charging all on the damn lake looking for, before we finally found it. i found a little honey hole, and caught some good fish on the 2#, and spliced some 4 on to Bill's conventional rig so he could fish in this tough bite.
    Then the dinks moved in to the spot, and we started to get frustrated with the nursery. We made a few moves, and did find a few more players before the meeting time at the launch ramp.
    This ho down that TO, Cutbait, and the Bako boys set up was definitely worth the price of admission, one of the best groups of fun loving, trash talking, events I have done. In tough conditions, EVERYONE was smiling, bantering, and sharing their experiences afterwards. I got to meet some great people here, and plan on attending next years shenanagans. Kudo's to everyone for dredging through the lake lice, sweltering heat, and launch ramp entertainment to make this event shine. Mikey

Default Better than Advertised!

All I will say right now is...

Anybody out there who has thought of attending one of these events but hasn't made it yet needs to get their a-s-s out there. This was my first one and I'll do my best to be at every one from now on.

This is a group of great people and great fishermen that I hope to make great friends. They are ridiculously generous and willing to teach and help. (I'll give details in my report of Striperfest)

CB... I'll post a bunch of pics here a little later.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    Yes he did and me and andrew had a fight over it ,andrew pimp slapped me good and ran off with it and stashed it in d/k's boat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i was too wore out to chase him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Ah ****, I got robbed. The right thing to do, Andrew, is to return it to its rightful owner at Striper Bowl .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast