Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Striperfest results w/ first TWO TIME CHAMP!

Default 2013 Striperfest results w/ first TWO TIME CHAMP!

What a blast again, Team 57, the young, the old, the affluent, the hillbillie, Bears, rattlesnakes, the city folk, the Bakersfieldians, the Fresno's, the Palmdalians, Mt. Baldy types, Men, Women, S.W.A.T., and on and on.

I have to personally thank Tammy and Mark again for the extra effort they do that NO other lake staff does in the history of "lake staffs." {overtime was paid, free lake entry permits given out, campsites, etc, etc,} No way Pyramid makes a profit on this event as generous as current management is. I just can't emphasize all of FNN to visit the lake. Tell Tammy your screen name, shes top notch at remembering faces and names and does read the boards.

Also George the hot dog guy, we had a mix up about locations at the park and he waited 1.5 hours patiently for the event at the wrong location. We finally meet up with him {thanks Tammy again} and bought a bunch a dogs and hopefully we made it right with the great guy. Sorry about that George

As far as the fishing? Its a weird thing, it was absolutely tough out there, but with as much fun and "meet and greet" that went on before, during and after the event. It just is really not as important as all the great stuff that goes on.

Pranks were pulled, video was made, winning fish for Bob was farmed off by knucklehead Hardcor {all on video!} HAHAHAHAHA...... S.W.A.T made their first striperfest appearance and dayum near won it! Exfactor brought his skills and patience and just about had this thing in hand.. {we all understand very well now who is "uncoachable"} WhichwayOut struggled in the same boat... LOLOLOL..... Talk about a range of S.W.A.T talent here

We had first time competitors, 8 year olds, pals of FNN'ers, and striperfests first time TWO TIME CHAMP!!!

Here we go... In order of Big fish first..

First ever Striperfest tie......

Big fish was 3.1 lbs

We had two big fish that went 3.1 lbs, one caught by Khan and the other by ACE, aka Arthur.

Tournament director TroutOnly made an executive decision that a coin toss was to determine who takes the trophy for the first 6 mos and the winner was Khan. Hopefully they can meet sometime in the winter so ACE can partake in his share of trophy time. They are seen as co-big fish winners!

1st {tie} Khan-3.1
    1st {tie} Ace-3.1

2nd.......... wha? Cutbait himself?... oh yeah 2.8....{other guys cheated, had too!}

Smallest fish was a number of contestants.... it seems as EVERYBODY baiting down thought they had the smallest fish. Looked like a school of anchovies with all the baiters having a small fish to weigh.

1st place for small fish AND first time, two time champion was Gorge, aka George {depending on where your from lol} with a fish of a whole 1 Ounce!

2nd place and no surprise was MikesOcean with a 2oz feesh...

Lots and lots of fish ranging from 3 oz to 8oz

Heaviest stringer winner was........ drum roll please......

1st place Milton with a 10 fish limit of 19.0 lbs even

Followed closely by Gorge, or George depending on where your from with a limit of 14-4

3rd place was S.W.A.T.'s own Exfactor, aka Mikey... who, had the lead for quite sometime before Milton and his boat finally showed up for weigh in.

Milton is a friend of Gorge, or George depending on where your from who is the pops of Geordybass. They are not on FNN but show up to every striper event and pals to all of us. So if you don't recognize their names, they are flying under the radar guys who probably fish more than the rest of us combined, truth be told

I still didn't get my wish of everyone weighing in, but this year was better. These weight kind of illustrate how tough the bite was. Only the patient bait and waiters, which is no knock, as you know how difficult it is to spend 10 hours in the sun waiting for a bite were able to achieve limits.

1. Milton with 10 fish for 19.0 lbs
    2. Gorge or George depending where your from with 10 fish for 14-4
    3. S.W.A.T.'s own Exfactor with a 10 fish limit of 10.5
    4. Saco and Ace with 9 fish for 9.9 lbs
    5. Must hunt and fish with 9.1 lbs
    6. Trailblazer with 3 fish for 7.14 lbs
    7. Razr with 4 fish for 7.0 lbs
    8. Dk with 4 5 fish for 6.5 lbs
    9. Genaro {son of Musthung and fish} for 6.1 lbs
    10. Jenna {daughter of Musthunt and fish} for 5.7 lbs
    11. Hardcor himself with 5.15 lbs
    12. Khan with 5.15 lbs
    13. Cutbait with 4.8 lbs
    14 MikesOcean with 3.7 lbs
    14. Double A with 3.5 lbs
    15 Andrew with 2.11 lbs

Last must certainly not least,

16. Fish I NONE with 1.15 lbs

We had a side contest for Kitties

1st place with a 3.15 lb kitty was 8 year old Genaro Jr.. {future striper killer}..

We probably had 50 participants, 30 people at weigh in, and sooo much fun. Hardcor has a video coming and I would love if any of you could share any photos of the event on this thread. I saw the pics of the trophy presentation being taken, I know its all on vid but if ya'll can get some pics up I would be in your debt.

Thanks again guys, I enjoyed seeing all my friends again and wish it wasn't a year between these things. I enjoyed the new ones, Exfactor was an honor, your prowess did preceed you and I can say it is accurate. Musthuntandfish, way cool with the family man, love that 8 year old. I finally met Cap'n..

Hitts, Razr, Hiro, Corey, Gorge, Milton, Hardcor, Ron, Fishbones, we need to fish more than once a year... The rest of you fools I talk to everyday, you know who you are, it was fun as it always is. Striperfest certainly missed FTS and hopefully we can see him at the next one.

Heres the scraggly bear that was up in Glory hole. Tammy says there are 3 or 4 local bears to the lake they see quite often

Here are my buds, Trailblazer the trollin boy and light line expert Hardcor.. I'd go to war with these boys, even though they pick on me so

Please post up some pics guys.

Man, I forgot about the Bomb striper taco's Noho Art and his buddy cooked up!.. Thanks to the guys at the table, Ron, Razr brothers. Thanks guys. Your hard work really doesn't go unnoticed.

I saw NohoArt ask for volunteers to clean fish while they set up the fryer and gotta give credit where credit is due guys. Stand up men!

Hey bud you forgot my credits for first striperfest surgery performed on site. Andrew has the pics. It was great getting to meet all of you guys I will be back next year hopefully in a boat of my own. I had a great time at the gate with dk andrew dave and his buddy.

Here's Harlan, DK, Andrew, and Harlan's bud whose name escapes me, FishingW/Dave and Sugarbear sitting Friday night "patiently" waiting for the gate to open. I can only imagine the bologna those guys were spewing!!!

TB and I showed up at 330 am Sat morning and holy cow 20 sum odd boats in line already

Harlan calls it surgery, but he basically ripped out the hook out of Andrew's hand.

There ya go bud!
    Last edited by cutbait; 06-09-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Sounds like it was a fun time! Sorry we missed it! Can't wait to hear all the stories and see all the pics!

StriperFest was a blast. I had so much fun that I don't remember much between Midnight and 9:00am! Good times hanging out with DK, Andrew, Harlan, Harlan's son? and Sugar Bear.

Thanks Bob, Cutbait, Trailblazer, and all others that put this event together and ran it. You guys did a great job making it fun for everyone. This my first time and ill definitely be back.

FWD

Congrats to everybody who took part in this event. Sounds like it was a blast and I'm bummed I couldn't make it. Would've loved meeting all you folks. Next year I will be there. Can't wait for Hardcor's vid, I'm sure it's gonna be good. Good Job Bob, CB, and TB, sounds like you guys pulled off a great event...

Heres the co big fish winner Khan.. Glamour shots was on hand for big fish pic

MO and Hardcor himself...

Pic says it all

How we do it,,, Na. How Mikey Does it!!! He said he had never caught a Striper before. Well his Yoda Status once again was reconfirmed. Good work Mikey and I hope you recover today and get over to my house for dinner tonight.

For me it was "dink fest..." But the entire day was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and getting to put the faces with the names.

The after party was a blast. Art the Fish Tacos were great and thanks to the entire team that went the extra mile to supply the tools and labor to make that happen. Hadn't had a good Taco in a long while, those we great.

Got to see a few others that I have met in the past, ie; Uncle Bob, Capt. Mike-Cutbait. And added a lot more great fisherman that I hope to see and fish with again.

Bako Boys what can you say about them! Great old time fun all around. Their hospitality reminded me of how things were back in the day when good friends would get together on a weekend and hang out under a shady tree and cook up some food and shoot the breeze. Great work by everyone involved.

Congratulations to all the winners, BIG and small..

Looking forward to doing again.

Mikey and his 1st ever Striper.

When I saw this, I knew we were in for some good fun... The Bako Boys !

WWO
    Last edited by Which Way Out; 06-09-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast