Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New DVL lake record LMB and report for 6/7

Default New DVL lake record LMB and report for 6/7

Bwahaha, bet some of you freaked when you saw the thread title. Caught this little guy with a d/s. Testament to Dobyn's sensitivity. I could feel this little booger pecking at my rig and thinking that it was that subtle tap of an LMB, I set the hook, the rod bendo'd then nothing. I thought I lost it when there was no fight and this is what was on when I got the rig on the boat. Turned out the bendo was caused by the weight snagging.

Now for the report. First, the algal bloom is no more, sure there is a little bit of green cotton candy floating around here and there but most areas of this lake are clear and the turbidity is nearly perfect. Water surface temps averaged about 74 degrees. Nice cloudy, cool, and foggy morning made for a decent blade bite early but the clouds burned off and that bite went away. Resorted to the t-rig, jig, and power shot rig the rest of the day catching fish just about everywhere we went. No fat pigs caught today, just a lot of 2-3 1/2lb keepers and a couple of 4lbrs. Other than the early blade fish, most all fish were caught in the 10-35ft range and banging walls using plastics. The bite is pretty darn good with a 20+ fish day for us...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 06-08-2013 at 09:52 AM.

i aint gonna lie. my heart dropped thinking to myself "son of a b!@#!" haha.

thats hilarious that little dude bit that worm! i have an old picture of a bbz 8" fish i caught which was only 3" long. i think you beat me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    i aint gonna lie. my heart dropped thinking to myself "son of a b!@#!" haha.

thats hilarious that little dude bit that worm! i have an old picture of a bbz 8" fish i caught which was only 3" long. i think you beat me!!!
    LMAO, hahaha, you were the one I first thought of when I caught this and I knew right away I HAD to do this thread.

Sorry bro, but I HAD to do this, hehehe...

In all seriousness though, Matt no one has put more time, effort, and thought into learning the patterns of this lake. And you have helped many learn to catch the bass in this lake and I sincerely hope you are the one who sticks the next "big pig" of the lake. You deserve it bro...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 06-09-2013 at 09:09 AM.

That's a wall hanger if I ever saw one, I double dog dare ya to have it mounted and hang in your bedroom. I hope ya didn't C&R it, it's a damn trophy I tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    That's a wall hanger if I ever saw one, I double dog dare ya to have it mounted and hang in your bedroom. I hope ya didn't C&R it, it's a damn trophy I tell ya.
    Lol, are you kidding? I was terrified that Quinn, Kyle, or some other DFW type was lurking in the hills glassing us. That baby went back in the water as fast as I could get a pic and re-repatriate it to it's enviro...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 06-08-2013 at 10:32 AM.

No, no say it ain't so, it's just gonna be striper chow now. I am so depressed, it was a trophy Im tellin' ya, a damn trophy, it would have looked great hangin' on the wall, a real conversation starter.

LOL I saw the title and without hesitation.........Click!

After getting through the initial smile the post brought to me I had give the little guy credit for going after such a big meal.......I think I can I think I can!

Thanks for the report and update on the lake conditions!

Mount it!!!

I thought I had it bad the other day out on Canyon Lake!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0187.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	41330

Quote Originally Posted by skatino View Post
    I thought I had it bad the other day out on Canyon Lake!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0187.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	41330
    Lol, I'm surprised a huge pig didn't hit that combo...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast