Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Pier fishing anyone?

Default Pier fishing anyone?

Hey fisherman,

I have not been fishing from a pier on the coast for a while. Is there good fishing there right now? Are there any piers you know of in particular?

Your tips are appreciated,
    BB

Texas rig a gulp minnow ...go for halibut good luck ...last time I fished belmont pier got a 18" & 19" short, but they were fun catches non the less. ....people that were there all day were looking like how is he doing that

Pm sent.......

Use ghost shrimp. Belmont is good for sandbass and the occasional calico, fish near the blacktop in the middle, thats where all the fish are, i caught 4 bonita in 5 minutes there once lol. HB is good for corvina and GREAT for sharks...lots of leopards there. Newport is great but way to crowded so if you are going that way go past it to balboa an throw out some crab nets with chicken.... GOOD LUCK, and make a pier cart and a ghost shrimp pump, you'll be glad you did.

Quote Originally Posted by sumodnb View Post
    HB is good for corvina
    I hope you mean corbina because corvina is a different type of fish.

Thanks everyone! These tips will help on my next trip.

Tight lines,
    BB

corbina, corvina......they are both croakers..... but if you need specifics like all forum police officers do, I mean yellowfin croaker, the snaggers fish.

Quote Originally Posted by sumodnb View Post
    corbina, corvina......they are both croakers..... but if you need specifics like all forum police officers do, I mean yellowfin croaker, the snaggers fish.
    Yeah they are both croaker but there is only one place to get corvina now in SoCal that I have seen. Corbina you can catch all down are coast some places are better then others.