Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Anyone seen or used this lure before?

Default Anyone seen or used this lure before?

I aquired a few of these from someone digging around a garage after a family member passed. Can't find anything online about these or the company that made them. Just wondering how old they are. I will have to try them out and see if they work but they must have done alright for this person since they had quite a few of them. Says they come in 12 colors but they only had two. The green as shown here and a white one. Look to be kinda old but not sure. Anyone have any info. on these?

Last edited by 5150fishn; 06-06-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Not sure I would want to use them as Antique lures are worth mega bucks to collectors and that one is still in the original box and looks pristine. Look at the address Los Angeles 27, Calif. pre zip code date.

Didn't even catch that. Good looking out Devoreflyer. I have a few of these. Now my interest is peaked even more. Lol!

Do a Google search on Antique fishing equipment an lures. I think you will be surprised at the value of some of the old equipment we have thrown out over the years. I have two antique bamboo fly rods that are worth over a thousand bucks each needless to say I don't use them and it is tempting to try them out, they were given to me by a dear old fishin' friend that passed away by his widow.

The original box and paperwork adds to the value.

Here is a start. http://www.oldlures.org/
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 06-06-2013 at 11:53 AM.

It's not really a classic. I found some info saying the company started in 1974 and the owner Daniel T. Simmons made lures for a few years out of his home. I would say it was made around 74-76.

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    It's not really a classic. I found some info saying the company started in 1974 and the owner Daniel T. Simmons made lures for a few years out of his home. I would say it was made around 74-76.
    Thanks for the info. LGHT! I originally thought that this lure looked 70's to me but couldn't find any info. on them. Mainly was trying to find the info. because the box says they came in 12 colors and I only have 2 of them. Didn't think I had a gold mine, just was curious about these lures since they are pretty cool looking and I had never heard of them and they had been in a friends grandparents garage for quite awhile.
    Last edited by 5150fishn; 06-07-2013 at 07:34 AM.

You want them in the box,,,,,,,,,,i have some zara spooks from the same era and they are worth some money cause they are brand new and in the boxs,,,,,,,,,,,always watch out for those old bamboo rods i have several and there really worth some cash,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there are several dealers here in so cal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    You want them in the box,,,,,,,,,,i have some zara spooks from the same era and they are worth some money cause they are brand new and in the boxs,,,,,,,,,,,always watch out for those old bamboo rods i have several and there really worth some cash,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there are several dealers here in so cal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    These are all brand new in the box. I'm still checking into them to see if they have any sort of value before I break them out and fish them! Lol
    As always, thanks for the info. Bob!