Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6/4 Perris blade pigs

Default 6/4 Perris blade pigs

Due to the nasty Algal bloom at DVL we finally decided to hit Perris. We've been talking about this for some time and now with the new tag system in place we hit it up. Got there early and was the second boat in line. I didn't know they open later than DVL? The best reaction bite almost always is the first hour of Dawn. Ah well, that's Cali for ya. Anyway, got on the lake and was astonished to see just how clear the water is. Is this lake blue stoned? Water surface temp 74-78.

I've been having great results with a blade so I figured I'd give it a go at Perris and either paralleled the weed line or burned it over the top. Both techniques worked quite well and I began sticking fish almost immediately with most fish being in the 2-4 lb range. I also threw a top-water walker for several fish as well. We started by the tower and worked our way east and when we reached the east end buoy line I stuck these two fat pigs, a 9lber and 7 1/2lber respectively;

Stuck 2 more on this spot then moved further into the east end. About this time the sun broke through and the blade and topwater bite stopped. Threw a t-rig and fairy shot around for awhile for a few more barely above dinks then called it a day. Great day at Perris indeed...

NICE JOB!!!!

The lake has been very clear all Spring...they havent needed to blue stone. I havent seen the lake as clear as it has been in 7-8 years.

Pete

Thanks for the report Im going out to perris tomorrow and Im going to see how this blade bite is

I saw you at the buoy line late morning. You started to throw the blade just as we rolled up.
    Upon stopping I stuck a fish on the jig first cast and thought it was on as 4 other boats were camped out too.
    I noticed you as all your pics are from the back of the bus.

We chased the frog bite deep on east end til the sun started poking through.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    NICE JOB!!!!

The lake has been very clear all Spring...they havent needed to blue stone. I havent seen the lake as clear as it has been in 7-8 years.

Pete
    Thanks Pete. I was pretty surprised. Most So cal lakes have some pretty good stain/algae to it at this time of year. That was a lot of fun and it was great to not have to clean wads of green snot off the rig every cast...

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    I saw you at the buoy line late morning. You started to throw the blade just as we rolled up.
    Upon stopping I stuck a fish on the jig first cast and thought it was on as 4 other boats were camped out too.
    I noticed you as all your pics are from the back of the bus.

We chased the frog bite deep on east end til the sun started poking through.

I'd been throwing that blade since I got on the water at opening. We rolled, actually trolled up to that spot and there were a few boats scattered about. We stuck around for about 30 mins or so which was long enough to stick 4 fish then we moved out. Lol, I've been on the back of that bus every week for 5 years now. Bill is my next door neighbor and he has been like a big brother to me since my older brother died 6 years ago. He owns the rig so he gets the captains chair but I run the big motor to all the spots. The sun definitely killed the reaction bite that day...

Very nice Bass. Nice colors to.

nice catching pat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Love them HOG'S they remind me of my Uncle in Texas many, many years ago that had two like that mounted and hangin' in his bedroom. Only in Texas could you get away with that, I would be sent to the dog house or worse by my wife if I did that. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    I'd been throwing that blade since I got on the water at opening. We rolled, actually trolled up to that spot and there were a few boats scattered about. We stuck around for about 30 mins or so which was long enough to stick 4 fish then we moved out. Lol, I've been on the back of that bus every week for 5 years now. Bill is my next door neighbor and he has been like a big brother to me since my older brother died 6 years ago. He owns the rig so he gets the captains chair but I run the big motor to all the spots. The sun definitely killed the reaction bite that day...
    I guess it was when you put the d- shot down then. Fun out there wasn't it? We needed a machete for the electric a few times!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast