Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Tri-City Park Lake Tips?

Default Tri-City Park Lake Tips?

Hey guys,

First post :D Anyways, I live down the street from tri-city lake and I go fishing there once a weekend every week, probably more in the summer. I heard there's a planting of catfish in a couple weeks. I'd like to know what tips you have for both bass and catfishing. I know that crankbaits get stuck a lot and I lost a nice Rapala there. So any suggestions would really help me guys. Thanks

Btw: I use a 6-12 lb Shimano Rod, and a reel that is similar in terms of poundage on the line.

I generally fish the plastics for bass here because of the snags in the lake. Worms and flukes work pretty well at this lake. As far as the kitties go I use fresh macks flylined. GL

Thanks very much! I'll be going this weekend, so I hope I do alright. Btw, what setup for the plastics?

I caught a bass using a senko worm this morning around 0900 at Tri-City Park, just t-rigged no weight.

T-rig the worms and drop shot the flukes. Good Luck bro!

Alright thanks guys I'll try that out soon!

This is what works for me at night. Get a glass ratLtrap and paint it all black. Cast along the shore varying 5-15 ft out and just buzz that lure in. Tri city has shelves that drop off to deep water and bass usually hang out along these shelves. The trick is to take the time to keep throwing along the shelves so the bass can use their lateral line to key in on the glass rattle noise and then see the black silhouette. Once they find your lure its not unusual to catch a couple in a row. You have to give each spot some time so your lure calls the fish in. Don't just cast once and move. Hope this helps.