Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: overnight trip where should I go???

Default overnight trip where should I go???

hey all, this will be my first trip out this year and lil bro and I want to do a overnighter. thinking San Diego but thought I'd check to see if you guys would suggest anything. Looking to go out Sunday night 6/9 and fish Monday 6/10 any info or advice would be great. I am a beginner when it comes to the ocean and don't know what I should take or where I should go out of (company/boat.)

Quote Originally Posted by sgtskunk View Post
    hey all, this will be my first trip out this year and lil bro and I want to do a overnighter. thinking San Diego but thought I'd check to see if you guys would suggest anything. Looking to go out Sunday night 6/9 and fish Monday 6/10 any info or advice would be great. I am a beginner when it comes to the ocean and don't know what I should take or where I should go out of (company/boat.)

san diego is quite pricey for an overnighter compared to these local boats in the la/oc area. The bite right now in the outer islands is just as good/better than the bite offshore. El Dorado out of long beach has been in a solid YT bite for 2 days now, but never fished it personally. I think they're only 100 bucks too. the freedom is always a great boat to be on. He charges a bit more but definitely a first class operation. Fished on the thunderbird before out of davies and personally they can't give me money to go back on there.

thanks for the info E.A.R.G. I'm going to wait till about Thurs and see what area is doing better and then make up my mind. we already planned on spending around $150 to fish a overnighter so if we end up on a $100 trip that's just more beer money. LOL

Just wondering, @E.A.R.G. how come you didn't like the Thunderbird?

Quote Originally Posted by E.A.R.G. View Post
    san diego is quite pricey for an overnighter compared to these local boats in the la/oc area. The bite right now in the outer islands is just as good/better than the bite offshore. El Dorado out of long beach has been in a solid YT bite for 2 days now, but never fished it personally. I think they're only 100 bucks too. the freedom is always a great boat to be on. He charges a bit more but definitely a first class operation. Fished on the thunderbird before out of davies and personally they can't give me money to go back on there.
    I've been on the El Dorado it's a really nice boat for an overnighter. It's been a while so not sure about the captain or crew, but the boat itself is fantastic. If you're sold on an overnighter I'd do it on the El Dorado or the Freedom. If you want to do a 5-5 the Fury is a great boat out of Dana. San Diego isn't really doing overnighters at this point, only day boats and multi day trips, nothing really worthwhile in the overnight range for them right now.
    Last edited by titos334; 06-03-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Id go with the eldo, heard it was completely over hauled, wfo bite back when I decked on the eldo, good times for sure
    http://youtu.be/t-DzqbGquTM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-DzqbGquTM

Ok guys as of right not I'm thinking of taking Fishbones advice on jump on the limited load overnighter on the Eldo. This will probably be my only overnighter this summer and just wanted the best shot at a good day. So if anyone has any info from long beach to San Diego please let me know want to make reservations tonight. Thanks