Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fly Fishing this weekend. Need Help!!

Default Fly Fishing this weekend. Need Help!!

Taking my Dad :D to the Sierra's from Orange County early this Fri AM to fly fish and camp. We will probably stop at Upper Owen's Fri. morning and am wondering about camping/fishing suggestions. Wondering how the San Joaquin is fishing and camping is in the Red's Meadow areas and the surrounding lakes and streams or base out of Lee Vining/Tioga (Big Bend or Aspen Campgrounds) and hit up Saddlebag, Twenty Lakes basin and would love to fish the East Walker, although I have heard the fish have been a bit stressed lately because of the water temps and low water. I have been to both areas and they both have much to offer, but I cant decide which area. My Dad live in Ga. and we only get up in this area together once a year and want to get the most out of a few days. He has never caught a golden so that would be fun. Strickly fly fishing this trip.
    Anybody with suggestions on the current conditions and ideas, please help! :?: :?:

I just came back from a 10 day trip fishing the Upper Owens, the fishing on the river was fantastic, It was literally 40-50 fish per day using flies and assorted lures.

I would advise on camping in some of the campgrounds in Rock Creek, there are few people up there now.

i also just fished the owens...the bite was wide open on glow bugs and black nymphs.

have fun

If your going to fish the upper Owens stay at Browns campground
    The fishing is wide open on everything right now....Flies,spinners
    Panther Martins killed a week ago...

Thanks for all your input, gotta get some sleep. 3:30AM will come quick. I'll post results next week!