Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5/28 Fat pigs and busted blades

Default 5/28 Fat pigs and busted blades

On the water and at our first spot by 5:45 am. It was cloudy and cool today and the water surface temps had dropped by as much as 10 degrees in some areas from the week before and the water level is still dropping steadily. Lots of moss and algae in some areas and fairly clear in others with a good 8-10ft visibility. Wind was off and on all day and became steady and strong at the end of the day.

Started at the point throwing a blade and worked our way down the bank, at the first transition BAM, big hit on the blade, fish fought violently, got it to within 20' of the boat when, in spite of me shoving my rod tip down in the water, she managed to jump and shake the blade out. She looked like a solid 4lber. Kept moving down the bank and at the next transition, hit this nice post spawn 6-3. She wadded the blade and in an attempt to straighten it out, it broke. 1 blade down. Tied on a new blade and caught 4 more fish at this spot, a 2lber, 2 3lbers, and a solid 4lber.

Shot across the lake to our next spot picking off 2-3lb keepers every so often working the banks and slow rolling the blade over tree and bush tops in around 15ft of water. At this point it was mid-morning and we headed out from this bank to a hump that has now, due to dropping water levels, come into play and while slow rolling the blade over the top of the hump got slammed by this 6+lb pig.

Another violent fighter and yet another wadded blade that when I attempted to straighten out, broke. Gaaahh, 2 blades down. Tied on another blade and caught a few more keepers here then the blade bite just shut down. We kept moving and at this point I was switching between a blade and a t-rig. Stuck several more dinks and small 1 1/2lbers on the t-rig but nothing of size. Spent the rest of the day bouncing from spot to spot picking off some keepers and dinks. The wind picked up pretty good but the blade bite did not for us, caught a few more dinks and 2-3 lbers on plastics. Stayed until closing and we were the last boat out. It was a grind but if you keep moving you can catch a bunch of fish. The fish are in transition due to post spawn and dropping water levels so keep moving, cast A LOT, and you will have a great day...

Question, how do you reduce the size of pics. Why do some come out so much bigger than others?

Nice job out there.

Nice fish !!!

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post

Question, how do you reduce the size of pics. Why do some come out so much bigger than others?
    If you are using a PC with windows, MS Paint has a resize feature that is super easy. Go to the top where is says Crop, Resize, Rotate. Click resize, then click the pixels bubble then just make them the same. If you increase pixels the quality will go down, but if you downsize you will be fine.

Nice day and nice fish ! Thank you for the report, I'll come down and see you after Striperfest !

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcor View Post
    Nice day and nice fish ! Thank you for the report, I'll come down and see you after Striperfest !
    Thanks Corey. Man I wish I could make that event. I would love to meet all the guys from FNN up there. Fun times will be had for sure. Good luck and I'm sure you and Bob will show them how it's done. Looking forward to meeting you...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 05-30-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks guys. And thank you chompot for the info...

Nice, super jealous. I went out Saturday, and only caught three but I guess when you commit to pretty much throwing topwater (River-2-Sea Whopper Plopper) almost all day, that will happen. Lots of big followers though, just couldn't get them to go!

Great job out there! Glad you had a great day, hope to see you out there soon! By the way, was the strands of algae still suspended in the water column out there? That stuff is crazy, all of my gear is full of it! Lots of cleaning to do. Also, with all the moss, my square bill bite is just not there. Hopefully it will burn off soon, and I can get back to banging rocks on the dam!

Steve

NICE BASS H/G/W........................................t/o...........

Quote Originally Posted by skatino View Post
    Nice, super jealous. I went out Saturday, and only caught three but I guess when you commit to pretty much throwing topwater (River-2-Sea Whopper Plopper) almost all day, that will happen. Lots of big followers though, just couldn't get them to go!

Great job out there! Glad you had a great day, hope to see you out there soon! By the way, was the strands of algae still suspended in the water column out there? That stuff is crazy, all of my gear is full of it! Lots of cleaning to do. Also, with all the moss, my square bill bite is just not there. Hopefully it will burn off soon, and I can get back to banging rocks on the dam!

Steve
    Thanks Steve. Yes definitely. It's like little bits and pieces of green cotton candy floating around. Some areas were pretty clear while others were pretty thick which is what the clarity was like when I stuck the one in the top pic. Touch anything and your pulling wads off your bait. Haha, which I did all day long. I'm pulling rigs apart and cleaning them literally as I type lol. Hope to see you on the water Steve...

Thanks Bob. Man my apologies, I wish I could make it to StriperFest. You guys are gonna have too much fun slaying with the FNN family. I hope Corey does some good video...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast