Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Havasu Camping/fishing ??

Default Lake Havasu Camping/fishing ??

So, talking with my wife and we want to take a trip to Havasu, mainly just because. It's been ages since I was there when I was kid, so now we like to take our kids. I am debating on hotel or camping and I am taking my boat. I understand no camp fires/BBQ(charcoal) at this time, So proapane stove it will be. Anyhow, I am hoping to get a little bit of fishing in, but mainly this is for the kids, so they want to tube and possibly ski/wakeboard. I have looked at either Cattail or Crazy horse campgrounds. Hopefully, somewhere on the water or close to it...

Anyone have suggestions other than not going...lol

Its hot out there but if you want to camp on the water could try friendly Island it is a boat in camp ground but you can keep your boat right there and is simi protected from the wind and waves.
    Cattail not bad but best to pull boat out nightly but man it is hot out there if you are tent camping. London bridge road there has a few hotels there that are not to expensive and do have boat parking plus they have air-cond. in the rooms.

Camping is awesome for kids but definitely not out at havasu the heat and being dirty for a few days gets to you. It's nice to get a hotel like suggested go back relax in cold ac shower go out for dinner or make cheap crap in room then if your still feeling up to it go out for some night fishing.

Try Sandpoint next to Cattail...you can rent a trailer with a.c. overlooking the lake and have your boat in a slip. It's kid friendly, has a swim beach, and is away from the crowds downtown. Try fishing early a.m. from your boat, or evenings from the jetty by the boat docks. For fishing action, go into a cove at dawn, scatter 2 or 3 pounds of cut up anchovies over an area, come back in a couple of hours and catch nice catfish to 10 pounds or more.

Thanks for the info....

I went last weekend and stayed at Crazy Horse, descent on the water....had a great time in havasu. We did stay in a tent Friday night, but was NOT going to do it again Saturday night, so about 7pm Saturday night, packed up and drove back home. It was horrible...lol Next time, a hotel for me.

Would have replied sooner if I would have seen your post in the Colorado river section. Love Havasu but man it is Hot out there.