Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: S.W.A.T. Veterans goes Nitrous to pull away from the Rooks!

Jeeez Don.. I leave town and the minute I land on the east coast I get a text about Robert's striper followed by a bunch of texts about your epic series of catches..
    You guys are straight out ruthless
    I have to congratulate you on your amazing run this past weekend. Three days of nonstop action and a PB halibut to top it all off! Congratulations and welcome to the 30inch club
    From the beginning of the month you've been racking up the points for the Old Fogies, and right when it was starting to get exciting, you had to turn on the heat and totally burn us
    I think it's safe to say that this month belongs to the Vets, but it was a well deserved win filled with many great catches, highlights, fun times.
    I'm looking forward to what plays out for next month!

-Daniel

Awesome read! Man, a 30-incher. That's my next goal: 30"-40" range hahaha. Even though I've caught two halibut my entire life. Well, three if you count the 9"er I caught off one of the Newport docks LOL. I'm a total crack-addict with those Gulp worms... it almost feels like cheating and taking the easy way out most of the time. And it makes me lazy not to try new things. I think next time I'll have to leave them out of my pack (or in a deep pocket) so I'll force myself to try something else. It's not often that I get out to the beach, so I've learned to try to make the most of it when I go. Even if it means catching one fish LOL. Good job on the flatties (and WSB!). This makes me want to get out more. Maybe I can convince the wife that getting a hybrid or electric is the way to go, then I'll feel way more inclined since I won't have to drive our gas guzzling cars around.

Quote Originally Posted by troublehook View Post
    My goodness, three legal Halibut in three days, now that's impressive.
    Sounds like a great vacation, well done bro.
    Thanks Sokha! It was ALL luck...and a lot of good intel! It was an amazing vacation all the way around. Hope to see you and Binh out there sometime soon!

PS - Hope that Saros is treating you well.

Quote Originally Posted by dlmoo312 View Post
    Jeeez Don.. I leave town and the minute I land on the east coast I get a text about Robert's striper followed by a bunch of texts about your epic series of catches..
    You guys are straight out ruthless
    I have to congratulate you on your amazing run this past weekend. Three days of nonstop action and a PB halibut to top it all off! Congratulations and welcome to the 30inch club
    From the beginning of the month you've been racking up the points for the Old Fogies, and right when it was starting to get exciting, you had to turn on the heat and totally burn us
    I think it's safe to say that this month belongs to the Vets, but it was a well deserved win filled with many great catches, highlights, fun times.
    I'm looking forward to what plays out for next month!
    -Daniel
    I have to say, leading up to this contest, I was SURE that I'd be the weak link for the team. I figured I can at least get around to different areas and tell everyone where NOT to go. And even then, after watching Arthur pull fish outta spots that I had already worked over, I thought that might be misleading information. I guess Poseidon decided to cut his favorite "punching bag" some slack this month. Still took a lot of "jewelry" offerings this year, but I'll take that ANY day for what he gave me. Maybe he took all those LCs from me as a way of saying, "nope, wrong color. try again!" You youngsters had me sweating leading up to the weekend, even with Robert's awesome catch. Glad I was able to pull out some rabbits outta the hat...crazy luck! When I caught that last fish then Robert followed it up with another legal, I figured it was game over. But god knows, you guys fished the last month hard! Just some good timing on our parts. Hope you get out there again soon. I think the Youngins' team missed your absense.

Quote Originally Posted by jplee3 View Post
    Awesome read! Man, a 30-incher. That's my next goal: 30"-40" range hahaha. Even though I've caught two halibut my entire life. Well, three if you count the 9"er I caught off one of the Newport docks LOL. I'm a total crack-addict with those Gulp worms... it almost feels like cheating and taking the easy way out most of the time. And it makes me lazy not to try new things. I think next time I'll have to leave them out of my pack (or in a deep pocket) so I'll force myself to try something else. It's not often that I get out to the beach, so I've learned to try to make the most of it when I go. Even if it means catching one fish LOL. Good job on the flatties (and WSB!). This makes me want to get out more. Maybe I can convince the wife that getting a hybrid or electric is the way to go, then I'll feel way more inclined since I won't have to drive our gas guzzling cars around.
    Thanks J3! I caught 3 legals all of last year from the surf. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd match that in a weekend, much less cap it off with that brute. Crack is a hard thing to give up on. It took a quite a few trips before I kicked the habit...there's so much more action when fishing it, but the rewards are so much greater. All it takes is a little success with the LC and you'll be hooked. I took quite a few family trips to the beach cities in the past and had some amazing areas with structure that I only threw crack and sandcrabs at. Now I'm anxious to go back to those spots and see what else other than perch might be in those areas. Never know till you try! Keep it up...it'll happen soon enough. Don't feel too bad about your gas guzzler...I drive a Surburban so I know ALL about that.
    Last edited by bachiboy; 05-31-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234