Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Sunset 5/27

Default Sunset 5/27

The weather was beautiful and the rayss were hungry. I caught 4 Rays and a lil baby smoothhound shark. My friend caught 5 rays. All common Round Rays.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1935-1.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	40979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1936-1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	40980  

Cool little shark. Be extra careful with those Round Rays. That stinger is at the end of the tail can whip around and get you. Hours of intense pain will follow.
    DR

little but deadly! x2 on the previous post about being careful! Short and sweet read. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! And yes, those rays are mean lil effers. Safety first ;)

Nice little outing there. Great shot of the ray too...love the pattern on it. Been a while since I've seen a surf report from you...looking forward to more!

Don

That has to be the smallest Smoothhound I've ever seen...
    Good job out there Reelgurl..
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Nice little outing there. Great shot of the ray too...love the pattern on it. Been a while since I've seen a surf report from you...looking forward to more!

Don
    . Thanks. ;). I've been concentrating on freshwater mostly but refuse to go to the parks on a holiday. I have a nice quiet spot in sunset that I visit

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    That has to be the smallest Smoothhound I've ever seen...
    Good job out there Reelgurl..
    Robert
    <><
    pretty sure its the smallest I've seen and caught LOL they definitely more fun to play with when they are bigger :)

Thanks for sharing reelgurlzfish. Catching fish is always fun, fresh or salt water.

-Peter