Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-26-13, They are biting a Castaic

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    I dont want to sound like a jerk but you should've thrown them all back. I mean, it's no wonder the big ones aren't around much; they never get a chance to get big. I hope you atleast ate the fish.
    **Get the hook out, take a quick picture(and not one that completely disrespects the fish like your others), and put it back into the water.
    I appreciate your point of view but I disagree with you.

Kwin is a Fisheries Biologist and he tells us that in SoCal Lakes the striper population needs to be controlled.

Have you looked into the breeding dynamics of striper? They lay something like 30,000 to 50,000 eggs each. We have to choose between to many striper and way too many striper.

If you have trouble catching numbers of striper we'll help you. I decided years ago to help anyone who will listen learn to catch them to help control the population. There are lots of them, big and small but to catch them you have to know something about them, most of the time having 90% of the recipe for catching will catch nothing in our SoCal lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    Wow those are some pretty small fish. I enjoy eating fish as much as everyone, but fish that small couldn't have made much of a meal.
    Those fish are actually larger than most of the trout that people catch and keep. They eat just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    I guess some people are a lot hungry than others.
    We'll teach you to catch fish too, but in your case it may be more difficult.

Oh! Thanks guys, for the support.
    Last edited by fishinone; 05-28-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Nicely done Ron.

With pin ache tambien!

Thanks Ron,
    We had more fun than I had in YEARS!!
    No one I know can read a fish finder better than you.
    I learn something new EVERY TIME I fish with you.
    Your buddy,
    Dan

If you don't have something good to say then don't say anything at all, Or at least know what your talking about... oh those are small... oh......jeez..

x2 cutbait as Ron for a guide, he knows his stuff on Castaic or pyramid, hands down..

Man... that lots of taco there Ron. Need help to kill them, let me know...lol..
    X2 on Ron for excelent reading fish finder....
    Last edited by koifish; 05-28-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    With pin ache tambien!
    I know that you're trying to communicate with me.

Quote Originally Posted by loweboat View Post
    Thanks Ron,
    We had more fun than I had in YEARS!!
    No one I know can read a fish finder better than you.
    I learn something new EVERY TIME I fish with you.
    Your buddy,
    Dan
    Thanks Dan,

That was fun! We were having a good time with those little fish.

We really spent most of our time looking for bigger ones but having those little volunteers kept things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbones View Post
    If you don't have something good to say then don't say anything at all, Or at least know what your talking about... oh those are small... oh......jeez..

x2 cutbait as Ron for a guide, he knows his stuff on Castaic or pyramid, hands down..
    Oh sure! make fun!

Always take pictures like this of your friends. They are good for blackmail later!

Quote Originally Posted by koifish View Post
    Man... that lots of taco there Ron. Need help to kill them, let me know...lol..
    X2 on Ron for excelent reading fish finder....
    Thanks koifish,

We'll have to go when the wind dies down. Today is the third day that I've tried getting out for a couple hours before or after work and been turned away.

Oh ron you no good striper killer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,give me a brake,,,,,,,,and shutup carpboy,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,theres a reason for the ten fish limit and a reason for the no size limit here in the southern section for stripers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Everything that cutbait said on this post is for sure FACT!,,,,,,,,,,Cause he,s NEVER wrong NEVER!.

Anything that anybody said to contradict him is no doubt incorrect,,,,,,,they must be because he,s NEVER wrong,

That's why me and him are brothers,,,,,,,,Beacuse we have so much in common.

TRAIL BLAZER
    Last edited by trail blazer; 05-29-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    Everything that cutbait said on this post is for sure FACT!,,,,,,,,,,Cause he,s NEVER wrong NEVER!.

Anything that anybody said to contradict him is no doubt incorrect,,,,,,,they must be because he,s NEVER wrong,

That's why me and him are brothers,,,,,,,,Beacuse we have so much in common.

TRAIL BLAZER
    Blind loyalty you just don't see much on fnn

Only team trolltoon is close

No wonder they fear the bako boys at the striperfest

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post

Oh sure! make fun!

Always take pictures like this of your friends. They are good for blackmail later!
    LoL, ive got one of those too, and you sent it too me..lol

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast