Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-26-13, They are biting a Castaic

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    We wound up catching 26 striper, some were so small that even we threw them back.

We didn't get the big ones but we had a blast catching those dinks.
    I dont want to sound like a jerk but you should've thrown them all back. I mean, it's no wonder the big ones aren't around much; they never get a chance to get big. I hope you atleast ate the fish.
    **Get the hook out, take a quick picture(and not one that completely disrespects the fish like your others), and put it back into the water.
    Last edited by jimbo1; 05-28-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    I dont want to sound like a jerk but you should've thrown them all back. I mean, it's no wonder the big ones aren't around much; they never get a chance to get big. I hope you atleast ate the fish.
    **Get the hook out, take a quick picture(and not one that completely disrespects the fish like your others), and put it back into the water.
    you are actually incorrect. For bigger models to grow in the lake, we are suppose to thin out the dinks and smaller models. There is a post by a researcher that stated it. It would seem that we should keep the small ones so they get bigger, but the more small ones, the more they out compete the forage so the larger ones don't get as much to eat.

GJ out there RON.

Wow those are some pretty small fish. I enjoy eating fish as much as everyone, but fish that small couldn't have made much of a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    Wow those are some pretty small fish. I enjoy eating fish as much as everyone, but fish that small couldn't have made much of a meal.
    That's why you take a limit of 10. Nice job Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by dk4885 View Post
    That's why you take a limit of 10. Nice job Ron.
    I guess some people are a lot hungry than others.

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    I guess some people are a lot hungry than others.
    i don't know about hunger, but different cultural backgrounds utilized fish in different ways. I personally don't eat fish that size or even want to spend to time to clean them, but we can't knock it. If it can be eaten, then its the same whether big or small as long as its consumed.

Ya ignore all those negative comments Ron. You did a great job.

But daaaaayam there micros. Those crappie bob and hc caught were way bigger.

But looked like you guys had fun!

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    i don't know about hunger, but different cultural backgrounds utilized fish in different ways. I personally don't eat fish that size or even want to spend to time to clean them, but we can't knock it. If it can be eaten, then its the same whether big or small as long as its consumed.
    I don't eat the fish I use it for compose I like the large mouth bass the best I just wish I can keep more than 5

I'm with light and Jim Bob..

Rons pretty much the devil with a Suzuki motor

All seriousness lght and Jim Bob...Ron knows his stuff. Hell he's good enough to guide if he chose to.

I take his knowledge of Castaic to heart. If he felt it responsible to kill any size fish he is right. No one knows the upper better

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast