Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-26-13, They are biting a Castaic

Default 5-26-13, They are biting a Castaic

I planned to fish Pyramid Saturday with Bong. Bong bailed on Friday morning, he was conscripted to help a friend work on his house.

I called fishbones and invited him. it was on for bait-n-wait at Pyramid. At 4:15 in the morning my phone rang, it was fishbones. To make a long story short say prayer for fishbones and family, they had to put down their faithful family pet, Daisy.

So I slept in! At 9:00am I left the house and headed to Castaic to see what's going on there.

On the way over there I called Dan, because I realized that this leaving at 9:00am and going fishing thing was right up his alley. Dan met me at Gallion's Corner to pick up bait and sandwiches just a little later and our day was started.

We set up the trolling rigs and headed down the Fish Arm. There wasn't much showing until we got to Old SS, heading in there we found a school of nice fish but they were right up against the cliff and 50 to 80 ft deep so we marked the spot and kept trolling.

Inside of Old SS with nothing showing on the finder we finally got hit.

Double Dinks

We made a few pass through Old SS. There were several schools making the rounds in there but they were all the same size.

Dan with striper snacks.

I threw that little one back.

Double Dinks, Double Dinks!

I think the initial hits were hard because the others were piling on the teasers.

They did bend the rods nicely!

We rolled on around the lake looking for bigger models. We didn't find the bigger models but we did find those little ones around the lake from Old SS to Kong Island.

We picked up a UGB over near C-Point.

At the end of the afternoon we ran back to Old SS (The Secret Dink Spot) to pick up a couple more to fill out a limit.

They cooperated nicely.

We wound up catching 26 striper, some were so small that even we threw them back.

We started catching fish after 11am and were back at the ramp by 6:15, I think.

We didn't get the big ones but we had a blast catching those dinks.

One amazing thing was no Lake Lice! Compared to most summer days we had the lake to ourselves! I don't know why but I'm good with it!
    Last edited by fishinone; 05-27-2013 at 04:19 PM.

I knew you were up to something!

Good pic of Dan!

Ugly pic of ugb.

How's the Suzuki treating ya?

Cool report

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    I knew you were up to something!
    "Good pic of Dan!" You mean the one from the back?

"Ugly pic of ugb." That goes without saying!

"How's the Suzuki treating ya?" It's working great. It runs great, starts on the first try and trolls beautifully.
    Last edited by fishinone; 05-27-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Nice job Ron!

I knew you could scare up one Striper snacks.......

Capt'n

Nice action Ron. Looks like the active schoolies are still in kindergarden but the bigger models can't be far.

Congrats buddy, I didn't know you guys ended up going to Castaic... sneaky sneaky...that pic of dan u sent me made my day, R.I.P Daisy.

Nice lmb Ron!

ron am i goin have to start callin you dinkcor or dinksonly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at least you got dan the man on some fish,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,

Nice batch of stripers you have there. Too bad the lake is too far from me otherwise I would be hitting it 2, 3 times a week. Keep the great reports coming and keep slaying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbones View Post
    Congrats buddy, I didn't know you guys ended up going to Castaic... sneaky sneaky...that pic of dan u sent me made my day, R.I.P Daisy.
    Sorry about the name change. I guess, I thought it was sad.

I thought I textd you about the location change.

Quote Originally Posted by CL SmooV View Post
    Nice lmb Ron!
    LOL! That UGB was the biggest fish we caught, it's a shame that they taste bad. I released it just in case there was a hungry striper nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    ron am i goin have to start callin you dinkcor or dinksonly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at least you got dan the man on some fish,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,
    LOL, I showed up and ran the drill, I'm not in charge of what grabs the lures. Considering how Castaic has been, this is an improvement. I thought we might catch a couple a little bigger and nothing else but I was happy with what we got. Those dinks were wide open, we spent most of our time looking for bigger ones. At one point the rod on my side got hit then the one on Dan's side got slammed, I reeled up one fish, Dan reeled up a triple.

Quote Originally Posted by vampirebret View Post
    Nice batch of stripers you have there. Too bad the lake is too far from me otherwise I would be hitting it 2, 3 times a week. Keep the great reports coming and keep slaying them.
    It's worth the trip now, the bigger models should follow soon.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast