Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perch WFO tonight by Balboa pier

Default Perch WFO tonight by Balboa pier

Had a chance to go hit the sand tonight. Waves were huge! Decided to fish off the pier instead. Started at the end of Ruby's to try and load up on some mac for catfish bait since I was there. Caught only one. One guy on the other hand was hauling them in on the left corner on sabikis. Everyone just watched him pulling them in left and right. I gave up and went to find some perch close to the surf line. Tried perch crack for the first time tonight. Boy was it good... Probably caught close to 30 in a short time. Most were small but some big mammas were on the chew as well. Had a couple start to give birth and got them back into the water as quickly as i could. The perch were easy to find. Just waited for the rolls to come in, cast behind the wave, and they were more than willing to hit on every cast. Saw two nice beans caught on mussels by another angler. Fun cheap thrill to make my night. Gave my crack to some anglers who weren't doing so well and gave them a quick lesson on how to rig up. I wished them well, and i was on my way home. No grunions running when I left at midnight. Lots of folks out tonight waiting with flashlights and buckets on the sand.

Good time right now to go out and hammer the perch fellas. Tight lines!
    Last edited by jaggerbub; 05-27-2013 at 02:08 AM.

Whats perch crack?

Quote Originally Posted by Socalbassmaster View Post
    Whats perch crack?

Berkly Gulp Saltwater Sandworm/Bloodworm. It's crack because they're addicted and it's extremely effective for catching perch.

Nice job on the perch. They're right...crack does kill. Doesn't seem like I heard of anywhere that the grunion did make a strong appearance this time around. Actually the last couple go-arounds. When they do make their presence felt, it should make for some fun fishing. Keep it up!

Don

Nice job on the perch slayage! Me and Rooster and a couple youngsters hit Balboa Sat. night and tried for some macks for the kitties with little luck also. But a couple guys were killing it. We did throw the hoop net and get a baby octopus, starfish, and some small rock crabs.(all released). Didn't try for the perch this time but aparently should have. We didn't see any grunion either when we left about 12:30. Thanks for the report.

Thanks for the report! Good karma coming your way helping other anglers out.

-Peter