Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First surf report 5/25

Thanks Robert. I'll be in La Jolla Friday and Saturday for a wedding and I'm already scoping out a section of beach walking distance from the hotel Addiction... what addiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Dci4me View Post
    Thanks Robert. I'll be in La Jolla Friday and Saturday for a wedding and I'm already scoping out a section of beach walking distance from the hotel Addiction... what addiction?
    Be sure to check the DFG Website. Some of the La Jolla beaches are now MPLAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dci4me View Post
    Addiction...Ya, your S.F.A.(Surf Fishermen Anonymous) card should be arriving in the mail shortly!!!

Thumbs up

That's one heck of a first surf fishing session... good omen for your surf fishing future.
    If I remember right, I actually didn't recommend the Pluton for the surf, did I? Don't dunk that Pluton.
    I prefer the Luna...
    You did a great job and I'm wishing you continued success out there.

You are right Wingnut. However, your comment about being a great swimbait reel is also what helped me make my decision... now I have a reel that will do double duty It just so turns out that I will be trading a fly outfit to a friend for a Calcutta TE and Lamiglas swimbait rod.... so maybe I should have got a Luna. Well, Father's Day is coming up and the Wifey has been asking if there is anything I wanted.....

The Pluton did work great in the surf. The brakes worked awesome. A couple of slips from wet hands that I'm sure were going to leave a nasty nest to pick out... but the reel managed to smooth itself out.

Thanks to all for the checking out the first surf report. Hopefully I have something to report back this weekend.

Mike

Indeed, a great first outing/report! You did the research, got the gear, went out with a good mind-set and were well rewarded! Thanks for the report!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12