Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hit the surf yesrterday afternoon

Default hit the surf yesrterday afternoon

went out to PV since one of my clients lives out there. after our short meeting i walked doen to the beach and scoped it out for 30 mins. noticed some guys fishing my area with little success. reagular locals i've bumped into in the pass and they were working the croc but no love either. The beach always looks nice in the afternoon. any who decided that im going out again tomorrow morning, not sure if im going to fish PV, thinking of up north either way i'll give you guys a full report. sticking to the LC no matter what, hopefully i'll get lucky!
    let me know if you wanna roll with, maybe someone can teach me some new tricks.

thanks.

alex.

Keep work'n the LC man u'll get someth'n sooner or later. I finally got 3 BSP on it this past weekend after not get'n anything on it all year(& that's pretty much all I've been throw'n this year)!
    Good Luck!
    Homefish

Keep at it! I started surf fishing last year around January. I didn't start using the LC until about August because I was in search for more of a challenge, quality of fish and different species. Now, I know that there are some that have great success on other artificials such as big hammers, grubs, rapalas, etc., but in my experience, there is nothing like the LC line of hard baits. After about 2 straight months of learning how to use the LC and skunking, I landed my first 12 inch perch and 15 inch YFC. Thereafter, I caught my first, followed by my second legal halibut in an area that halibut are not widely known to exist. To date, we are talking 7 legal butts, 5 short butts and alot of large BSPs and other fish...I know, not hugely successful, but these were quality fish that I would not likely have caught on crack or other such artificials. Bottom line, there is a reason S.W.A.T. mainly throw LC's and the reports show for it.

Never give up!

Quote Originally Posted by Homefish View Post
    Keep work'n the LC man u'll get someth'n sooner or later. I finally got 3 BSP on it this past weekend after not get'n anything on it all year(& that's pretty much all I've been throw'n this year)!
    Good Luck!
    Homefish

Thanks, you're right, soone or later I'll land something on the LC. That's all I've been fishing with. I don't bring anything but my 4 LC's and I know that soon I'll land that butt. I'm just paying my dues, lol

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    Keep at it! I started surf fishing last year around January. I didn't start using the LC until about August because I was in search for more of a challenge, quality of fish and different species. Now, I know that there are some that have great success on other artificials such as big hammers, grubs, rapalas, etc., but in my experience, there is nothing like the LC line of hard baits. After about 2 straight months of learning how to use the LC and skunking, I landed my first 12 inch perch and 15 inch YFC. Thereafter, I caught my first, followed by my second legal halibut in an area that halibut are not widely known to exist. To date, we are talking 7 legal butts, 5 short butts and alot of large BSPs and other fish...I know, not hugely successful, but these were quality fish that I would not likely have caught on crack or other such artificials. Bottom line, there is a reason S.W.A.T. mainly throw LC's and the reports show for it.

Never give up!

Hey skuned4life,

After reading SWAT's reports, all 50,000, lol...I know tht the LCs work. I'll never for up and I hope that I land something on those LC soon. I'll live n die by the LC, hahaha. Good luck out there to you too, hope to see you on the sand.

Alex

Like others say, keep at it and you will be rewarded. When I first started using the LC, I gave up on it after 15 minutes of casting and no hits. I had 4 LC, sold 2 of them after that trip, other 2 went in the closet and sat for a few months. Then I said, what the heck, I'll give it another try. Second cast, pancake. Not too bad I was thinking. Started to experiment with different retrieves and starting getting more fish. Caught my PB 29" on the LC. Now, I NEVER SURF FISH without bringing my LC hahahah

Don't count out the Kroc. I prefer tossing the Kroc over the LC because I always fish the afternoon wind in the face. I am really surprised more guys don't toss the Kroc, maybe Wingnut holds some stock in the LC co ? Lol.

I nailed a 30" butt at Cherry beach on my lunch break during a 15 min session a couple years ago on the Kroc.
    DR

Hey Alex,
    Just as important as your type of bait, is structure identification.
    You will increase your chances dramatically, if you are tossing in an area known to be holding fish.
    They may not always be there, but more often than not, they are there.
    Read the water, work the area and enjoy your time, no matter what the outcome.
    Robert
    <><

Keep at it Alex...it'll come. Conditions don't always warrant throwing an LC, so don't be afraid to switch it up, but like Robert said, try and identify the right structure...paid off for me today....report to come. Still on my vacation away from my computer. Hope to see you out there again soon!

Don

thanks everyone! Went to LB and only tossed the LC. The water was warm and overcast. Tried different retrieves but nothing. I tried slow, moderate and fast retrieves, just not sure if I'm making any contact with the bottom sometimes. Either way, it was nice to get out and fish during the full moon in the morning. I'll post the report. But thank you do the words of encouragement, not giving up, lol!

Alex.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast