Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perris 5/22

Default Perris 5/22

Waded the shallow water to the right of the Bernasconi Beach launch ramp for a few hours on Wednesday. Was targeting bluegill/redear and could see plenty of fish among the brush. Ended up with a few redear and a fat bluegill on mealworms about 18in under a clear bobber. While I was reeling in a small redear a nice largemouth appeared from behind a sunken tree to investigate. I switched over to my trusty watermelon senko and made a cast towards the tree. First cast produced my first Perris bass, a nice 3-pounder! Overall a very fun day and definitely worth the hour drive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0311.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	40899 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0305.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	40900

Nice man! The water is warm to go in without waders, but watch out going thru the brush! There's some kid of tiny bug that bit the crap out of me last year and I itched for a couple of weeks!

Definitely little spiders, there were webs everywhere! I have a few bites on me, but not gonna stop me from going again!

mosquitos!

No.. what bit me were not mosquitos. They don't bite thru thick clothing. Whatever bit me were tiny yet packed a lasting punch! Possibly even something in the water..

Hey Ancam,

Nice goin on the bass, I was they guy in the Triton that went by you about 3. Ended up catchin 10 but worked for them. Nice to meet you out there

Congrats on your first Perris bass...

Thanks for sharing!

Something had been biting my dad as well down in the lot 12 bushes. The bites they leave swell up pretty big but I can stand right next to him and not get touched. He also never notices the bites until after they have already swollen and started to itch.

Hey Triton,

Nice to meet you too. That bass was my only bite, but I saw plenty of fish. 10 sounds like a pretty good day to me!

10. Default

nice job man, the colors on that fish are dope. keep it up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast