Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Count it for points!

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Nice job on the legal Hali, barely legal, but it's a legal.
    Robert did burst the Youngsters bubble though, hahaha
    Thanks! Yes indeed, Robert showed us up BIG TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    Looks pretty close, but that's a legal, nice job getting the rooks some points.
    Thanks for rooting for us!

Quote Originally Posted by ptn View Post
    I told you Ken you were going to catch something bigger soon . Now time for the really big boys and get your induction fish. I'm stoked for you since you've been putting in work and fishing your butt off for butts.. Congrats on the legal! Sounds like you already got a real keeper at home . I thought us, Rooks, were finally tied and that old geezer pulls a miracle out of water.. Still, your catch is something to be proud of and now you can breathe that sigh of relief of catching a legal.

-Peter
    Seriously Peter, normally I would have taken a senior S.W.A.T. members advice on where to go but something was telling me to go back to the home turf. Between the induction challenge and the team challenge, I have felt pretty lousy in terms of feeling like I let my team down. So suffice it to say, this was the best catch of my life so far! I thought that I had lost my mojo, my juju if you will. Thanks for talking me through where I should fish! Honestly, I was just looking for a confidence booster with some perch!

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    Nice job on the legal flattie. Bummer about the lost gear. Thanks for the report and pics.
    Yeah, well I replaced the pliers with some Mustad forceps, which I am already beginning to regret and I have plenty of knives somewhere. Thanks for reading and replying!

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Alright Ken!!!! Way to go man! A legal is a legal...and it's all points, albeit for the other team! Still, I'm really stoked for you. You've been putting in some serious time out there and it finally paid off. That induction fish is right around the corner...just make sure it's after the 31st so us "old guys" can claim at least one months victory.

Big Congrats!!!
    Don
    Well Don, I don't know if I can wait that long to catch my induction fish! I am pumped and ready to go at it again! Thanks Don, your response means alot!

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Howdy Ken,
    Arthur had told me about your legal and it immediately put a smile on my face..
    I know how frustrating it can be to get on a skunk streak or bsp run, but it has to end eventually and yours ended with a legal flatty...
    Don't ever sweat the small things, like pliers or knives. Just bring it up and someone will have an extra one lying around...
    Nice report and good to see one from you.
    Robert
    <><
    The man of the month! Robert, thanks again for showing me the ropes. Seriously, you brush it off and say you showed me nothing, but just watching and listening to you, I felt so much better prepared than before! Thank you so much! Hallelujah Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    So, does this mean your gonna change your handle??? Setting yourself up for disappointment with that lol. We need to start a 20# club. get a pair of hemostats, and clip em to your windbreaker. They are always there when you need em.
    Thanks! No, I am not going to change my handle...I am saving the story of why I chose that handle for my induction post. Yeah I got some Mustad forceps but They are uncomfortable on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Congrats on the legal Halibut Ken... must have been the new waders, lol
    How did that little guy knock the pliers out of your hand and into the water??? Let a 30"+ do that to you and YOU will end up in the surf.
    Nice job on getting Team Rookies some points to keep things close...
    It's going to be a close one down the stretch.

As of today, Wednesday 5/22/13
    Team Veterans - 110 Points
    Team Rookies - 90 Points
    Thanks Commander, for more than I can even express! As to the pliers, I had them in my hands while trying to wrestle the butt down to measure it. By the way Arthur, a little birdie told me that conditions are really bad this weekend, so I wouldn't get off of your rockers or get out of your sleep number beds on the weekend. We are right behind you guys and will be chasing your Hoverounds and wheelchairs no longer!

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Great job out there Ken. Sometimes those little legals can be real feisty. I underestimated one once when I had it barely lip hooked on a long shank drop shot rig. I made the mistake of trying to remove the hook with my fingers. In an instant the bugger twisted it's jaw and grabbed my finger. You only make this mistake once....LOL
    I've seen SWAT members lose everything from a $100 boga grip to a $400 combo so a pair of pliers or a knife is no sweat! Just a pain in the butt.
    As for the wifey controlling the money.....probably a good idea!

Keep up the good job sir!
    Thank you Lieutenant! Yes, truer words have never been spoken, I love Bank of Wifey!
    Last edited by skunked4life; 05-23-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Nice fish. Congratz on the catch and points :)

Congrats to your legal butt, hope you bring some hali dinner to the table very soon.

What you gained on the sand during this session is much greater than what was lost!
    Good job! Thanks 4 share'n!
    Homefish

LOL keep the jokes coming Ken, I dont mind too bad I can't tease you now that you got your legal
    Anyways... congratulations bro! I'm happy that you got this year's first legal out of the way.
    Now the pressure's off and it's time for you to get back on the horse and go on a run of your own
    I guess that strategy of "picking the prettiest lc" worked out for you
    It's great to hear of your wife's support. See you out there when I get back

-Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by VietReefer View Post
    Nice fish. Congratz on the catch and points :)
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jinbow View Post
    Congrats to your legal butt, hope you bring some hali dinner to the table very soon.
    Thanks Albert. This is how it plays out...My PB is 24 That leaves me 2 inches to play with in terms of taking home a fish pursuant to my sworn oath to the Creed. The Honorable Judge Arthur does not take home barely legals. Sooooo, unless I catch a solid 23incher, wifey will have to wait until I up my PB and follow up with something in between. In the meantime, trust me, she is well fed.

Quote Originally Posted by Homefish View Post
    What you gained on the sand during this session is much greater than what was lost!
    Good job! Thanks 4 share'n!
    Homefish
    Agreed! I feel like part of the team now and the confidence booster will go a long way in my quest for The One...my goal is a 30+ butt or a legal WSB this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dlmoo312 View Post
    LOL keep the jokes coming Ken, I dont mind too bad I can't tease you now that you got your legal
    Anyways... congratulations bro! I'm happy that you got this year's first legal out of the way.
    Now the pressure's off and it's time for you to get back on the horse and go on a run of your own
    I guess that strategy of "picking the prettiest lc" worked out for you
    It's great to hear of your wife's support. See you out there when I get back

-Daniel
    Daniel, I love you as my brother. I only tease because: 1) I know that you can take it, 2) You dish it out pretty well too, 3) very few people read carefully enough to catch the reference (no offense guys) and 4) C'mon...seriously? IT'S FUNNY....until it happens to me. Have a great time in NY and have some pastrami, pizza, hot dogs, chinese food and whatever else NY is famous for!
    Last edited by skunked4life; 05-24-2013 at 07:46 AM.

Congrats on the legal, now go get that induction fish!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12