Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The Skunk!:( The 1st!! :) & The P.B.!!! :0

Default The Skunk!:( The 1st!! :) & The P.B.!!! :0

...cue the open'n sound track music from The Good, The Bad & The Ugly...

For those of u who haven't been follow'n this saga a little back story:
    I've pretty much been stick'n w/the LCFM110 this year & caught noth'n but salad w/it! I normally only get to fish 1 day/week either Saturday or Sunday for a few hours. But got a little bonus fish'n in this weekend, I had Friday-Monday off!

5/17- Dropped my daughter off @ school 'round 8:30am. Picked up Dad 'round 9am & boots hit the sand 'round 9:30am. We fished this area for a few hours for nada! Saw lots of fish( & fishermen, don't people work on Fridays anymore?).Saw Halibut chase'n bait fish(smelt?). Saw Corbina in groups of 2's & 3's cruise'n look'n for?(Sandcrabs?). Saw some rays pass'n thru. Caught none of them!! So we headed north up the beach a ways.

Less people here, only 4 long rod bait-n-waiters. They were kill'n the Spotfins w/Sandcrabs.
    We fished here for about another hour. Dad got 4 BSP w/the crack(gulp 2" camo Sandworms). I got ....The Skunk! :(

5/19- Hit my favorite beach from 9:30am-12. Finally got something on the LCFM besides salad! Caught a 13"BSP(match'n my P.B.) Ya Baby!...The 1st!! :)

5/20- Hit my favorite beach for a sunset session from 5:30-8pm. Caught my 2nd fish on the LCFM110 'round 6pm. Didn't get another hit 'til after the sun had gone down...&... It was...The P.B.!!! :o ... This fish hit hard 'bout 15ft in front off me in 'bout 1ft of water! It was a big 14"-14.5" BSP! My P.B.!

So for those of you like me, don't give up! Keep work'n the LCFM110! It may take some time, but you'll get'm!

Good luck! Thanks 4 Read'n,
    Homefish

That's exacly the attitude you need to succeed with the Lucky Craft.
    Congrats on some nice pigs from the sand Homefish.
    Robert
    <><

Keep at it and you WILL succeed.

Great attitude Homefish. Way to stick it out and catch some PB's with the LC. Thanks for sharing.

-Peter

Congrats on breaking in the LC and for the new PB. Keep cranking the LC and good things will come!

Congrats on the new PB Homey! Nice pig in anyone's book. Persistence and determination paid off in the end...usually does when it comes to slingin LCs!

Way to go and thanks for sharing!
    Don

Smile

It takes a lot of patience to stick with the LC, but when it finally pays off, it does so in a big way...
    Congrats on the PB's and I wish you continued success out there.

Congratulations on sticking with the lc and catching a couple nice fish on it
    My first lc fish was a perch as well and I still remember how excited I was lol Congrats on the nice perch!
    It helps a lot when there's no salad and you're able to work your lure properly.
    It's funny how some days when you see tons of life in the water you can't hook up to anything, and other days when conditions are horrible, you catch the fish of a lifetime *cough* cough* robert *cough*
    Keep it up out there and thanks for the report!

-Daniel

Thanks guys! I hope to be get'n back @ it this up come'n 3 day weekend.
    Will report back on Monday night or Tuesday.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend & catches some fish!

Homefish