Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 5/21 am SD....on the hunt for the Flat Kind

Default 5/21 am SD....on the hunt for the Flat Kind

Hit he stalking grounds this morning at 5:20am to try and find that 30+ inch flatty. No such luck today. Still some pretty big surf out there along a decent surge. Finding the holes and troughs can be tough in these conditions so you really have to look for them. Found some decent water here and there and managed some decent Perch on various colored LC's and also found the target species although a little short of legal. Lots of baitfish in the water this morning with birds crashing on them along a group of about 8 Dolphin outside the surf line. The bait also brought in a few seals which didn't help things. Left at 7:30 am for some much needed sleep. Back at it tomorrow.

Average size Perch for the morning

This little guy must have planned on only eating once this week!

And the target species captured for a quick pic

Nice catch bob! i hope i can catch my first perch and hali on a LC this year! I've been getting spotted bass and croakers :(
    btw what reel is that?

van staal reel

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnyyy View Post
    Nice catch bob! i hope i can catch my first perch and hali on a LC this year! I've been getting spotted bass and croakers :(
    btw what reel is that?
    You'll get them. There is a learning period with the LC's. Keep sticking with it and you will get the fish. As always, STRUCTURE is the key.

I bought a 58 VW Panel Van (running) once that cost less than that reel. Lol.
    Nice Butt.

Nice job getting the intended target, too bad it was short...
    Water should be decent for the weekend.
    Thanks for the report,
    Robert
    <><

Good job Bob and you're still sticking the butts. Too bad it was a little short but I'm sure you'll be landing a bigger one soon. Thanks for sharing.

-Peter

Way to go out there Bob! Seems like you're putting a little hurt on them fish out there. Man, that's some nice colored water in the background of that first pict of the perch. Nice hunting grounds. Keep it up and thanks for sharing!
    Don

You're still catching them on every trip and that's a good thing. Keep up the nice job Bob, I enjoy your reports.

You seem to be having a great track record with the hali's!
    I'd say its just a matter of time before you reach your 30" goal.
    Goodluck out there and thanks for the report! Looking forward to seeing that 30+ incher soon

-Daniel