Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trash Trout and Bait on Southern California Streams

Default Trash Trout and Bait on Southern California Streams

I hope most of the guys here already know that keeping the resource clean is important. Here is a little video clip I made from some findings on a local California Stream the other day. Disappointing for sure!

Calicanuck

Quote Originally Posted by Calicanuck View Post
    I hope most of the guys here already know that keeping the resource clean is important. Here is a little video clip I made from some findings on a local California Stream the other day. Disappointing for sure!

Calicanuck
    well with all your post on how to fish, are you surpise that there is trash in the places you fish now.

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    well with all your post on how to fish, are you surpise that there is trash in the places you fish now.
    Calicanuck, don't let this guy's comment discourage you. There must be many, and I for one, appreciate your educating fishing videos. We all could do our part of teaching others about proper catch and release as well as bring along a trash bag to clean up after yourself and others. Let your example lead the way.

People have been fishing since the dawn of time, far longer than my short years on the planet. The trash was there long before I ever arrived to these fishing locals. Fishing related trash can be found anywhere fish are caught. Even remote lakes and streams where I've fished in Canada show the impacts of careless fisherman and discarded bait containers on the banks. Education makes people more informed, more intelligent. It makes them less likely to commit crime and encourages them to respect the natural resources we have. Ignorance is destructive and I can't support ignorance. I hope to help people appreciate what an amazing thing we have in the great outdoors and with time they may start to clean up too!

So in other words Mr. Bowler, even though you directly attribute all atrocities in California fishing to my videos, I really can't see your point of view.

Thanks for your comments.

People have been fishing since the dawn of time, far longer than my short years on the planet. The trash was there long before I ever arrived to these fishing locals. Fishing related trash can be found anywhere fish are caught. Even remote lakes and streams where I've fished in Canada show the impacts of careless fisherman and discarded bait containers on the banks. Education makes people more informed, more intelligent. It makes them less likely to commit crime and encourages them to respect the natural resources we have. Ignorance is destructive and I can't support ignorance. I hope to help people appreciate what an amazing thing we have in the great outdoors and with time they may start to clean up too!

So in other words Mr. Bowler, even though you directly attribute all atrocities in California fishing to my videos, I really can't see your point of view.

Thanks for your comments.
    I have fished that creek for years. But you are showing ppl how to fish fish these streams. don't get me wrong your video are nice but just don't say where you are.

I have fished that creek for years. But you are showing ppl how to fish fish these streams. don't get me wrong your video are nice but just don't say where you are.
    You got it twisted man...people shouldn't be dumping their crap anywhere they feel like it....streams, lakes, beaches, parks, sidewalks...etc

Most likely, many of the polluters don't even watch his videos or are even on the forum

btw....great vid again Calicanuck

However,finding the dead fish in association with the bait containers perhaps tempered the decision in not naming the stream in the last instructional video.
    Last edited by teejay; 05-22-2013 at 04:18 PM.

your videos could be the best and worst thing on this forum..More people know about the stream=More Trash that will be found at the stream

Dont get me wrong your videos are killer to say the least but maybe withhold the name of the area as mentioned before..PS your Underwater footage is SWEEEEET stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by gogreeenz4 View Post
    your videos could be the best and worst thing on this forum..More people know about the stream=More Trash that will be found at the stream

Dont get me wrong your videos are killer to say the least but maybe withhold the name of the area as mentioned before..PS your Underwater footage is SWEEEEET stuff!

I understand that some people are concerned about the naming of specific water bodies, so in the last two videos I didn't name the water bodies out of respect for their suggestions.

I will mention if I'm fishing in Southern California or the San Bernardino National Forest which covers a huge area. There are many streams in this area that hold fish. Some easy to get to and some worth the hike! This information is all readily available even though some people think it is still a big secret.

We live in the information age. Almost everyone has a smartphone that literally guides you to some of these spots using gps. You can just use google earth to scout these spots. If someone wants to find these spots they will. I'd like to think there are secret spots but those days are gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast