Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trash Trout and Bait on Southern California Streams

Last edited by Skyler; 05-23-2013 at 09:56 AM. Reason: I bent my wookie...

Better to flyfish in those creeks.......

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shiromaguro88 View Post
    We live in the information age. Almost everyone has a smartphone that literally guides you to some of these spots using gps. You can just use google earth to scout these spots. If someone wants to find these spots they will. I'd like to think there are secret spots but those days are gone.
    Secret spots still exists...shhhhh...

Great vid, as always, Calicanuk!

Quote Originally Posted by Calicanuck View Post
    I understand that some people are concerned about the naming of specific water bodies, so in the last two videos I didn't name the water bodies out of respect for their suggestions.

I will mention if I'm fishing in Southern California or the San Bernardino National Forest which covers a huge area. There are many streams in this area that hold fish. Some easy to get to and some worth the hike! This information is all readily available even though some people think it is still a big secret.
    I see that but if you look at you first video to the last video of fishing the stream you can see it is the same place. And in your video in big bear you were using power bait and letting the trout go but that is alright because you calicanuck and it is alright for you to use power bait and let fish go after you catch them. So you can not get mad at ppl for doing the samething.

You got me, I'm inconsistent.

Just to clarify: I'm not mad at people, just sad to see trash and dead fish left behind in the stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Calicanuck View Post
    You got me, I'm inconsistent.

Just to clarify: I'm not mad at people, just sad to see trash and dead fish left behind in the stream.
    want to see a trash stream go up to Azusa and go on the west fork. that place gets trash. I'm sorry if you feel I'm picking on you. Put you see what we are saying. I have my secret spots up in big bear where I have caught bass to trout but I don't say where it is because the place will get trashed. And I have my favorite surf fishing spots that I try not to say where it is because I don't want it to get trash.

Wow! Most people have been shown these spots by friends family or just cool people. Few have been Lewis and Clark, and if you did you got wind of the place and started asking questions of locals, bait shops, and other fisherman. Sure once you got dialed in you started finding spots, but you didn't go in blind.
    so keep your "hotspots to yourselves, but fisherman have been helping fisherman since I can remember.

Sad to see all the anger. These are public lands, and if the public doesn't get involved the State or the Government do and ban use. It will only take one purple spotted, black oak ringed, double horned, toothless crap fish to get it completely unfishable, because its endangered.

Trash and liter is just another sign of ignorance, and it has been go on since people have been make'in stuff. I have run into litter since 1960, it is just how some people were raised, I was at Silverwood in "my secret spot" and to my surprise there is a huge family there came by watercraft, fire going on the beach, food, ice chest (s), beer wine weed parrrrrrrrrrrrrrty on, music going with big base, big bounce so they were annoying as hell from the get go! Hey party on, but really the music that was B S.

They just packed everything except for the trash and drove away. A whole cove!

So I get where your coming from. I just think it sucks that cool people have to go do all the research from scratch because of it.

Part of the California culture. Same thing as when breaking down on the side of the road, go to other states and 25 people stop to see if your OK if not more.

I asked my dad why that was when I was a kid, he said its the people. He was right.

Fisherman helping fisherman or all our fishing rights will go the way the off road thing did. Its much better if we are proactive that reactive.

And that ends my rant. Hello my name is Michael. Just so you know it if you want to hate me, or better yet reach out and say hello.

Michael
    Last edited by michaelk; 06-04-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12