Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Hali's 5/20 am

Default Hunting Hali's 5/20 am

Hit my Hali grounds this morning at 7.45am. The high tide had just peaked so I was hoping for a good one. Big surf and a strong surge made it a little rough out there. Water was as clear as could be and totally free any salad, only had one cast come back fouled up with eel grass. Was hoping for some good action but it was not meant to be today. Threw various LCFM 110's all morning until around 9:45am for two perch and a short 21 inch butt. Target species found so it was a semi success. If the surf calms down along with the surge it could get really good out there. Great morning on the sand.

It always amazes me to see Perch and other smaller fish try to eat lures as big as the 110s, one of my buddy's pulled in a 10 inch halibut baby with a lure pretty much its length.

Great job out there Bob. Looks like you got that place dialed in. Healthy looking flattie you got there and maybe you could have stretched it one more inch.. Thanks for your reports!

-Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Slickwill43 View Post
    It always amazes me to see Perch and other smaller fish try to eat lures as big as the 110s, one of my buddy's pulled in a 10 inch halibut baby with a lure pretty much its length.
    What has always really amazed me is how hard they hit they hit the D&mn things.

Quote Originally Posted by ptn View Post
    Great job out there Bob. Looks like you got that place dialed in. Healthy looking flattie you got there and maybe you could have stretched it one more inch.. Thanks for your reports!

-Peter
    Thanks Peter. My sessions are usually pretty short in this area, get in and get out while the water is moving seems to be the ticket.

Great job out there again, too bad it was an inch short. Thanks for the report.

Way to get out there and get the target fish. I see that you do a little fishing in San Diego, if you ever want any company on the sand, give me a shout.

Default Littte Fish w/ Big Appetites

Quote Originally Posted by Slickwill43 View Post
    I been seen in line more than once for All You Can Eat Buffets, so it quite understandable to me.

Last edited by A W Root Beer; 05-21-2013 at 06:51 AM.

A butt pretty much every trip this year? What's your batting average these days? .750? Another great report Bob!

I think i'd choose rougher conditions over salad any day
    Congrats on the nice catches. So close to being legal too!
    Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast