Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rookies Charge Back!! S.W.A.T. 05-20-13

Peter, it looks like you are getting back in the game! Great job getting Danny on his PB too! So now that you've depleted the butts down in our neck of the woods, you've decided to move a little north huh? Thanks for leaving me slim pickins down here! I can't wait to see who is the first to get that trophy on our team: Daniel or Peter??? neck and neck fellas.

Peter, Danny, Great job out there guys and Congratulations on the legal butts.

I spoke with the Commander about the free intel and he told me not to worry......He's got game films of the "Rookies" that we will be studying the next few days before we make our next run on you guys.

Congratulations!

That is one impressive rally. To make up all those points in one weekend, wow.
    Will the Rookies take the lead or will the Veterans pull away again?
    This is good stuff.

Thumbs up Nice!

Is it possible to effectively compete against your opponents while rooting for them at the same time?
    The answer is... Absolutely! I welcome the role of the "Double Agent", lol
    This is the way of S.W.A.T., believe me when I tell you that I'm just as happy when one of my Brothers & Sisters land a nice fish as putting one on the sand myself.
    We are all an extension of each other...
    I knew that it was just a matter of time until Team Rookies & Young Whippersnappers close the point gap. That's why the last few days didn't come as a big surprise to me.

Congrats on another legal Halibut Peter, you're now 4 legals ahead of me... keep looking in your rear view mirror, because I'm coming...
    Danny, nice job on another legal Halibut. No sweat that it scampered back into the surf, it wasn't your "Induction" fish anyway... that one is coming soon.

It's getting late in the game ladies and gentlemen... better be on top of your game!

Lieutenant Bones got himself a 21" Calico from the surf this morning... 5 points!

As of today Tuesday 5/21/13
    Team Veterans - 90 Points
    Team Rookies - 80 Points

I wondered why I hadn't seen any reports from you this past weekend...
    Congrats on another legal Peter. No one has beat Arthur in the last 4 years.
    The year before he beat me by 1...24 to 23...
    You guys made up some serious ground but things can turn on a dime...

Nice job Danny, you are getting the hang of it now...

Thanks for the report,
    Robert
    <><

Nice rod what kind of set up is that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nipple Twister View Post
    Nicely done gentlemen........or is it anglermen? Way to take the fight to the challenge.......one more weekend, GAME ON!

Congrats on the PB's..........conditions will be a major factor for the conclusion of this month......good luck
    Thanks John. Looks like it's going down to the wire!

Quote Originally Posted by onekrzyboi View Post
    Peter, I'm glad you gave me a text asking if I wanted to go fishing! It turned out to be a pretty good day even though that butt eluded us. We'll just call them twin butts

I did end up losing that butt to a rogue wave, but I guess she must of been in a rush to get back into the water since that's where she was headed anyways. At least CPR wasn't needed
    The look on your face was priceless when that wave hit, and I'm sure the look on my face was somewhat similar Oh well, at least we got to see her and I have a new PB! Still have some ways to go to get to that 26" butt, but 24" is inching every bit closer to the next goal!

Myself and that PB BSP did have a moment to ourselves. As I was pulling the hook out of it's mouth, I made the mistake of placing my finger too close to the fin on its back and with the slightest flop, pierced my finger. We made our blood for blood pact, and off back into the water.

Lessons learned today:
    1. CPR may not be needed when measuring a fish between a cliff and waves.
    2. No fingers by top fins.
    3. Watch your step before attempting to wade out 50 yards out during an outgoing tide.

It was a good day. Couple PB'S and it couldn't have happened without your help Peter.

-Danny
    Congrats again Danny on the PB's. Yeah, watch out for those dorsal fin spikes next time.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqsushi View Post
    Crap. Now I'm gonna have to rearrange my Memorial Day weekend, and plead with La Jefa for some surf-time. Its ON-N-CRACKA-LACK'N!!!! Its gonna be close. LET'S GO OLD MEN!! IT'S GO TIME!

Nice fish fellas - you deserve the score!

Nate

PS - Its 2013, Damn! Get a new camera!!
    My Iphone camera usually does the job but lately it's focus has been off. Overcasts usually causes that so the pictures are blurry.. sorry about that . Thanks for kind words Nate and good luck convincing the wife .

Quote Originally Posted by madbass View Post
    nice butts...that place looks very fishy. congratulations to you and your buddy for landing some butts.
    it these types of reports that keep me going, at least i know there's fish out there, lol!

Alex.
    Plenty of fish out there for you to catch Alex. They are waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    Peter and Danny nice work out there. We seriously need the points and I'm glad with your efforts and Thien and Daniels efforts, we are back in the game. I'm hoping to find some time this week to add to our score.
    I'm glad we could finally contribute some points to the team and thanks Jason!

Quote Originally Posted by jinbow View Post
    Nice catch Peter, you did it again. You guys came back with the points quick this week.
    THanks for the report.
    Your welcome Albert, and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus805 View Post
    Cool report?
    How's is fishing with the hi vis? Any wind knots ??
    I like the hi vis because I can see where my lure is when my line is in the water. Doesn't really affect the catching since I'm fishing a reaction bait anyways. I did get one wind knot and it was because I filled the spool to the brim. After I cut some line off no more wind knot. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by dlmoo312 View Post
    That hike can be brutal.. especially on the way back. I'm thinking about taking my longboard with me next time
    Awesome job out there guys! Just like that.. we're back in the game!
    Too bad Danny's legal got swept away before he could take pictures but at least you know the length. Congrats on a new PB, Danny!
    The same thing almost happened with one of Thien's fish. Lots of sneaker waves in that area..
    I even got rolled by a wave for the first time a few days ago luckily my gear kept me from getting completely drenched and it was a warm day
    Lets keep this momentum going!

-Daniel
    Just when we thought we were getting close, Robert pulls something up his sleeve.. Now we need to really put ourselves into gear again! Thank you Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by A W Root Beer View Post
    Nice hookup on the halibut. Hook both in upper and lower mouth. Fish definitely liked that lure.

I didn't go fishing last weekend. Thought the ways were too big. Next week Thursday will try again.

Sunday I watch the Indy 500 race. Penske got caught for cheating on the rear suspension so he is not holding the two pole positions. I like Tony Kannan an andretti driver, since he came close 5 times and never won and also the japanese kid, who has nuts but will crash your car if you sponsor him. Have fun this weekend guys!
    Thanks A&W. Good luck on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    Peter, it looks like you are getting back in the game! Great job getting Danny on his PB too! So now that you've depleted the butts down in our neck of the woods, you've decided to move a little north huh? Thanks for leaving me slim pickins down here! I can't wait to see who is the first to get that trophy on our team: Daniel or Peter??? neck and neck fellas.
    Thank you Ken and first, we need to get a higher score before any of us can claim that trophy for the rookies.

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Peter, Danny, Great job out there guys and Congratulations on the legal butts.

I spoke with the Commander about the free intel and he told me not to worry......He's got game films of the "Rookies" that we will be studying the next few days before we make our next run on you guys.

Congratulations!
    I knew the Commander was a stalker!! Thank you for the congrats Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    That is one impressive rally. To make up all those points in one weekend, wow.
    Will the Rookies take the lead or will the Veterans pull away again?
    This is good stuff.
    This competition is wire to wire but looks like one of the Vets pulled something miraculous out today..

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Is it possible to effectively compete against your opponents while rooting for them at the same time?
    The answer is... Absolutely! I welcome the role of the "Double Agent", lol
    This is the way of S.W.A.T., believe me when I tell you that I'm just as happy when one of my Brothers & Sisters land a nice fish as putting one on the sand myself.
    We are all an extension of each other...
    I knew that it was just a matter of time until Team Rookies & Young Whippersnappers close the point gap. That's why the last few days didn't come as a big surprise to me.

Congrats on another legal Halibut Peter, you're now 4 legals ahead of me... keep looking in your rear view mirror, because I'm coming...
    Danny, nice job on another legal Halibut. No sweat that it scampered back into the surf, it wasn't your "Induction" fish anyway... that one is coming soon.

It's getting late in the game ladies and gentlemen... better be on top of your game!

Lieutenant Bones got himself a 21" Calico from the surf this morning... 5 points!

As of today Tuesday 5/21/13
    Team Veterans - 90 Points
    Team Rookies - 80 Points

I'm rooting for everyone!! I've been a double agent myself.. This competition is nail-biting! Too bad you'll have to wait for the weekend to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    I wondered why I hadn't seen any reports from you this past weekend...
    Congrats on another legal Peter. No one has beat Arthur in the last 4 years.
    The year before he beat me by 1...24 to 23...
    You guys made up some serious ground but things can turn on a dime...

Nice job Danny, you are getting the hang of it now...

Thanks for the report,
    Robert
    <><
    I can't wait for your report and pictures.. hurry up so I can see that bad boy. Thanks Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Nice rod what kind of set up is that ?
    Thanks Mr. T-rex. It is a Lucky craft rod, ESGII 771HXF. 7'7" and line rating 6-16 lbs. Throws 2.6g-23g lures. So any small lures from 1/10oz to 1oz. I'm using a Shimano Sedona 2500 spooled with 20lb power pro. Comes in 8'7" and 9'7" too.

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Sorry for the late reply but congrats on scoring some more points out there. Danny, way to go on the PB! That induction fish is just around the corner...just wait till after the first so that us "old guys" can at least take the first month's competition.

One thing Peter, might want to start wearing a wading belt. Heaven forbid you go for a plunge, especially at the A.O. with the rocks we've been fishing, and it can get REALLY dangerous when those waders fill with water.

Nice going guys and we'll see you at the finish line. This is going to go down to the wire!
    Don
    Thank you Don. I usually do wear a wading belt but my other waders were being replaced and these waders were just temporary.
    Last edited by PTN; 05-22-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Sorry for the late reply but congrats on scoring some more points out there. Danny, way to go on the PB! That induction fish is just around the corner...just wait till after the first so that us "old guys" can at least take the first month's competition.

One thing Peter, might want to start wearing a wading belt. Heaven forbid you go for a plunge, especially at the A.O. with the rocks we've been fishing, and it can get REALLY dangerous when those waders fill with water.

Nice going guys and we'll see you at the finish line. This is going to go down to the wire!
    Don

Welly done Peter. You made catching halibut seems so easy, while it's not :)
    Thanks for the report

Nice job closing the points gap, but looks like you guys had some more work to do seeing what Robert pulled off yesterday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast